Chapter 15- All mixed up in horror

Not edited

*****

It felt like in that moment my whole world stopped. As my fingers in his hair froze, as my next breath ceased, I felt like my whold life just stopped moving forward as Laurence shook with guilt and shame his tears wet patchs on my red silkgown. It was like his words were trying to sink in as they ravaged my heart. What had literally cut me to pieces managed to make him aroused. Seeing me like that turned him on.

I didn't know if I wanted to cry in his arms or run as fast and as far away from him. I felt like slaughtered lamb at his confession but so much relief at finally knowing the truth. I was stuck in this limbo of contradictions that I couldn't move and felt like despite all this I didn't stop loving him. Did that make me like him? Was I a perverted deviant? Was he?

Warm fingers brushed at my cheek startling me out of my frozen state and urging me to look up. Forest green eyes met me there worry etched at every line at the corners of his eyes.

"Dahlia?" He asked me but I couldn't move and Laurence still shook under my fingertips. He looked down at him then looked at me his therapist face coming to the forfront. "Let's get you two the your bedroom and we'll all discuss this privately. How does that sound?"

My throat didn't work and the only movement I could manage was a slight nod of consent. Slayder took Laurence by his elbow heaving him off the ground, Laurence didn't even try to fight him, and grasped my hand. He lead us both up the private stairs (only ever used by the maids he informed us) leading us to my bedroom just a few doors down. It was there he left us and the shame at the scene caused hit me tenfold in that moment.

"I'm sorry" I finally gasped out as he turned to leave, my heart beating a pattern in my throat. He turned with so much compassion in his eyes that I wept at the sight.

"Don't be. Just get you both cleaned up and I'll be up in a little while. Okay?"

"Okay."

Silence descended in the room as soon as he left except for the quiet sobs from Laurence as he curled into himself on the side of bed. A big part of me wanted to finally just get away from him. away from the man that caused me all this pain. But the small part that wouldn't just shut the hell up told me that this broken man is still the man that I loved with all my heart. That this man, who I would give up the world for over and over again, is not the only dark and twisted sexual deviant in the room. So instead of running I went to him. I went to him and I curled up into his side basking in the feel of his arms as they curled around me and held me close.

"I am so sorry D." I couldn't look at him just yet but I felt his eyes on me as he kissed my temple. "I love you. Please believe me." I didn't say anything and if felt like hours that we sat there with his silent tears and my conflicted love for him. brewing in our own twisted and hurt feelings. Felt like hours before the door opened and in walked Slayder. His hair was a curtain around his face and his green eyes unobscured by glasses. Another old faded band tee and black ripped jeans was his attire. His feet bare.

"I guess I'm helping you guys get cleaned up as well." He sighed when he saw that we hadn't moved. "I brought you some clothes that might fit you Laurence if you want to come with me. We'll leave Dahlia to get changed." I could feel Laurences reluntance to leave but loosened his grip and nodded his head.

"How about you shower." Slayder suggested as he took Laurence by the elbow. "You might need to refresh yourself."

"Okay"

"Good"

*****

They were waiting for me on the chairs next to the round table. Slayder watched me as I walked out with emotionless eyes and Laurence was tucked away in his hands shoulders still shaking; and my body was lead to the man I have loved litterally half of my life. I sat at his feet, my arms curling around his leg, looking up at him as his blue, glassy eyes gazed at me. It hit me then as I felt my heart flutter in my chest that I loved him. As sick as his confession was I loved him. If people were to know our store they would call me insane. Just as twisted as he is for even continueing to love him but I couldn't help it. All those years together weren't for nothing. The man looking at me like I was made of spun gold wasn't for nothing. My sun rises and sets with him despite everything we have done to eachother. Despite all the disaster.

"So let us start from the beginning." Slayder voice cutting through to us. In unison we look over at him.

"How do you know her?" Laurence was quick to ask. Slayder's eyes cut to me before looking back at him.

"I've been her therapist for the last few months." He answered. Laurence looked to me with a question in his eyes before looking to Slayder.

"Therapist?"

"Yes. I deal majorly in memories. Dahlia was a speacil case when she came to me." Slayder told him.

"Speacil case? What does that mean?" Laurence asked and my heart dropped in despair. This was the moment I was dreading. The moment that I hadn't wanted to ever confess to Laurence but couldn't see any way out. What if he hated me? What if he couldn't look past this? My heart began to break before anything was even said and my panic began to set in.

"Would you like to tell him or should I?" Slayder addressed me then and I cringed when Laurence looked at me too.

"Tell me what?" He asked me directly and my heart shattered at the guarded look in his eyes.

"I-" I stopped. I couldn't do it. I just couldn't physically do it. "I can't" I couldn't contain the sobs. I was Dahlia this time. I wasn't The Queen who could finesse her way out of any situation and hold her own. I was meek, girl-next-door Dahlia who couldn't find any firm ground to hold in her emotions so they came out in waves as Laurence's hands grasped my shaking shoulders.

"What's wrong?" He asked frantically.

"Laurence" Slayder called. There was a pause before he continued, "I know what you confessed to her in the hallway and we can get to that but before any real healing can start you need to know why she needed to see me in the first place."

"Go on" Laurence prompted.

"I have been treating Dahlias' years of chronic sexual addiction."

Laurences' hands were gone in an instant and the sobs grew in succession as my whole being broke around the knowledge that he finally knew. Laurence knew and he didn't want me anymore. He hates me. Oh God, he hated me and it was all my fault.

"I'm to blame aren't I?" He asked in a panicked whisper and my despair stopped at his words. What did he just say? "It's all my fault isn't it?"

"We have to start from the beginning before we can analyze anything. I want to hear your story but know that whatever this is I am going to help the both of you." Slayder answered.

"I didn't know you did this?" Laurence immediately changed the subject and I looked up at them in raw hope that my world may not be crumbling down around me.

"No one in my parents social world does." Slayder told him. "Frankly I don't need to. It isn't about the money. After my late wifes passing I decided to change careers late in life." I could feel my eyebrows furrow at his words. "That's niether here nor there. Let's talk from your beginning Laurence. Tell me how all this started for you."

"Okay." He whispered and looked on at me in fear. "Okay"