Chapter 16- All Laurence

not edited

****

His parents never really bothered with him. Not that he didn't know he was loved. They expressed it constantly, always, even if he never felt like he got all the attention he wanted he knew that he was loved. He didn't grow up in a broken home. His parents had a loving relationship and sometimes, when he was a kid, would just gag at the cheesiness of it all. I mean how were they so gushy all the time. It was impossible. That is what he alway thought as a kid and later on as a teenager. That that kind of love just wasn't real.

Then he turned 18 and it all changed because he saw her. The doubt of love, that he ever thought love could fade, evaporated the moment his eyes laid eyes on her. Her hair flowed in soft waves, curves running along her hips, a soft pout on her lips. He couldn't believe no one else had noticed her, she was stunning.

From there he became obsessed. Found himself looking for her in the crowd and finding out everything he could about her. The fact that she was a freshman and at the tender age of 14 didn't put him off in the slightest if anything he began to really appericate something that he didn't expect to, her innocence. Because she was innocent. She talked to no one, especially not the opposite sex. If anything she avoided them like the plague. He had to know her. Had to know this human.

That opportunity came a few weeks later at the schools football game. It was the first for the season and he was on the team when he spotted her. An off the shoulder sweater, hair on the frizzy side, a small smile on face as she looked around at the crowd. His breath almost caught. He felt almost crazy with how much he had to know her. Yet as confident as he was with other girls, as sexually active as he had been, something about her was putting his nerves on edge. He just couldn't shake her.

Through out the game his mind was in two places. On the field and with her. When they won the game that night his eyes immediately went to her. Thsi time his breath did catch as he watched the breathtaking smile on her face her hands in an excited clap as she looked on at the field. Just as quickly as he saw her though he lost sight of her as his team grabbed him into the cheerful huddle. He played happy but a big part of him just wanted to finally meet her.

It seemed cupid smiled down on him as he was on the way to locker room because as one of his teammates shoulder bumped him he knocked into someone. He went to say sorry but was cut off when he was met with big doe eyes. Her eyes were wide as her hand landed on his arm.

"I'm sorry" she told him softly and he could feel his gut clench.

"No don't apologize. I'm sorry that knucklehead over there is my friend." He could feel the smile spread across his face at her giggle.

"I'm Laurence by the way."

"Dahlia" She said with a shy smile moving her hand from his arm and placing it into his outstretched hand.

***

From then on they were inseperable and the passion Laurence carried for photography flared when he found his muse in her. It didn't take him long for her to be his girlfriend and although he faced oppisition from all fronts he held onto her even more tightly. He didn't care where she came from or the tragedies life dealt her in her life all he needed was her. He finally understood the power of love. In that moment he couldn't imagine life without her even as life stretched out long before him.

He would have waited till marriage for her but appericiated even more tenderly and more heartwrenchingly when she gave him the gift of her body. Yet that was the moment it changed. Not with her though, making love to her exceeded all of his expectations, it changed with his parents. His parents began the long process of trying to destroy everything he wanted to build with her.