Part 4

I woke up nothing happened in the passed days. Nothing worth telling about except I saw the kid walking home alone he came from the diner I knew because he took the same route when I walked him home. Well things got fixed with me and David so now I'm definitely going to the party. I got up and called Jo because now I'm certain I'm going. The phone went to voicemail so I left a message.

"Hey it's Mangi I'm going to the party just wanted to let you know ok call me back later bye". I hung up and grabbed some eggs to make.

I felt weird that day. I looked out the window there were kids playing up and down the street like usual for some reason, they made me happy. Like I loved little kids even though I didn't know them but soon enough I would know most of them. I finished cooking my eggs, seasoned them and ate. I walked up to the sink and dropped my dirty dishes in our dirt blonde colored sink. The clattering noises sounding like a broken instrument hitting the floor but still has the strength of a few more discorded notes. "Shattered" I thought to myself.

"One day to the party and I don't even have a gift for the kid I guess I could give him my plush trap" I'm 13 I'm not needing it anymore but it holds memories. Well I was telling the truth. There's a mini mart down the street I guess I can get him something from there. So I walked into the living room and across the hall to my small but oversized bedroom. On the left was my twin brown painted bed. On the right was my small dresser with an old fashioned mirror on the top from the creamed colored dresser.

I ran up to my dresser and pulled a drawer open. I could hear the screeching from the drawer. I pulled out my duct taped wallet and grabbed 20 dollars I put my wallet back and shut the screeching drawer.

I left my house and walked 3 blocks to the mini mart. My neighborhood was friendly but there were a lot of old houses and we didn't feel like fixing them all. I came to the mini mart and opened the door walking inside after the bells rang to signify someone walking in. I came to the toys isle and looked around the small dino toys, robot toys, and animatronic plushies. Yes, I'm going to get him one mine but not mine I'm going to get him a plushtrap. I grabbed the plush trap plushy and walked to check out.

"How's your day?" the clerk asked.

"Good" I answered lying I was trying to stay upbeat as much as possible.

"How about yours?" I asked back. She didn't answer but nearly smiled back to me.

"You're a good kid Mangella" She looked to me while bagging the plushy.

"Not one gang connection got good group of kids you grew up with" She handed the bag to me as I gave her my 20.

"Stick with them kid" She smiled once more and handed me my check. Little do I would be with some of them forever. You'll know what I mean later... Maybe.

I chuckled "Will do Mrs. Laddling" I smiled and walked out.

I looked down the street and started walking to my house. It was three or so when I got home. I grabbed some old wrapping paper with copied black and white squares and a box. I threw the plushy in the box and started wrapping the box lining it with duct tape I had in my room. When I was done I threw the box in the closet by the front door and came to my room grabbing the phone and calling my friends. Talking. Leaving. Hanging up. They had other friend or family to be with. Not me usually. It was 10 now. I grabbed some pj's and fell asleep on my lush bed. Tomorrow's the party. Tomorrow everything's going to change.