Required Reading

Edited.

If you're reading this is not too late.

"Donovan is a chimera." Malia said, as I, her and Stiles spoke to my uncle in his office at the Sheriff station. I looked down at the floor and sighed, not wanting to look at my cousin and make the other people in the room suspect of anything. "If he is, is probably dead." She continued, answering the man.

"Not until I've seen the body." I looked up at Stiles, whose eyes were wide open and, terrified of what would happen or what they would think, I sat down.

Stiles was at the corner of the office, his back faced his girlfriend and dad, as he nervously shaking thought about what I assumed to be the night at the library.

"You're uncharacteristic quiet." My uncle said, directly to his son.

"Sorry I-uh" he said back, looking around at them. "Just trying to think about it, uh... These are all teenagers, right?" I got up and joint the circle, trying to pay attention to his words, in order to comprehend him. "So, shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers? If the dread doctors, if they went through all that, burring them, killing them."

"They had to have something in common!" I said, even though I still wasn't much into the subject.

"One thing that made them right for this experiment." Sheriff agreed, nodding.

"Something that made them special."

I looked at Donovan's picture on the wall and shivered, his picture was almost as scary as he was that night.

--

"My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lydia said, as we - the seniors, looked down at the table in the center, with seven copies of the book "The Dread Doctors". Being surrounded by supernatural creatures had its disadvantages, and having to read a book was one of them - not that I didn't like to read, because reading was possibly my great hobby, but apparently by reading this story I would know if I had ever been a victim, although I sure knew I haven't.

"Oh they probably don't usually read books that cause violent hallucinations." Sarcastic Stiles, everyone.

The conversation that followed was intense, Lydia talking about how maybe the book would make her mom remember about a girl named Tracy, who was a chimera, attacking Lydia; or how Lydia had seen the three doctors during her surgery, which scared me.

"If they did something to me, I wanna know what it is."

I picked up a copy, like the others, and looked at Theo, who was in front of me, staring. I innocently blushed and decided to seat on the couch, him getting by my side.

"So, you know about us." He whispered, I simply nodded. "Why didn't you tell me?"

I looked around to see the others talk with each other and shrugged. "I only found out like, yesterday."

"Yesterday we were together." I looked down at my lap. "You already knew, didn't you? That's why your heart was beating so fast." My gaze was directed to Scott now, whose eyes were in our direction, quickly moving away. "You're afraid of me."

"No!" I answered fast. "I'm not affraid of you."

"You sure?"

"Theo, if I was afraid of you, I wouldn't have spent the whole time with you." He nodded.

We didn't talk much after that, and simply started reading. After what seemed to feel like a hundred of thousands of pages, the alpha spoke.

"Anyone feeling anything yet?"