Chapter 2: Hypothermia and Spaghetti.

4 minutes later. . .

They heard a screeching noise and a car door slam shut. The shop door opened and Nick came rushing into the back.

"Is she all right?!" He panted.

"She has hypothermia, she's very sick." Rosalie said.

"We're making a polituce which will help but she needs a place to stay for a little while." Monroe looked up at Nick from mashing ingredients together.

"She can stay at my house I have a spare bedroom Adalind won't mind." Nick said anxiously.

"Is this really your sister?" Ian asked curiously.

"Lena is my sister we did a blood test but for some reason it had wolf DNA." Nick's voice held  questions and Lena answered by shifting because of the pain.

"The heck?! " Monroe, Rosalie, and Nick shouted in unison.

"Ah, so she didn't tell you. " Ian said.

Everyone turned to look at him, except Lena naturally. Monroe was the first to recover his wits and stuck the medicine in her mouth with Ian who held it open.

"She'll be fine but she needs lots of rest and real food." Rosalie said, stroking Lena's forehead gently.

Ian scooped Lena up and walked out to Nick's car with everyone trailing after him. Ian gently set Lena down and sat down beside her.

"You're gonna need someone to carry her in." Ian said, when they gave him quizzical looks.

"He's right." Rosalie admitted.

Nick got into his car and started it up saying goodbye to the couple. The drive to Nick's house was awkward until Nick put on 'The Sound of Silence' by Disturbed. Then it was just a bit funny.

They arrived 3 minutes later just as the song ended. Nick ran to open the door and held it open as Ian brought in Lena. Adalind stood up from the couch and held Kelly as she watched Ian bring Lena upstairs into the guest room then Nick pulled Adalind aside and filled her in.

Adalind understood at once and put Kelly in the crib. She then went to the kitchen to start cooking. Ian came downstairs and said goodbye to them and left for the apartment he had rented.

Lena woke up an hour later and hobbled down the stairs and wandered into the kitchen where Adalind was making dough for garlic bread.

"Nick left- there was a murder." Adalind said.

"Hello to you too." Lena said grinning widely.

"Hi." She said ferociously kneeding the dough.

Lena made her way to the sink and scrubbed her hands twice. Then she bumped Adalind aside gently and started to kneed the dough faster than Adalind was. Adalind then watched her make loaves of bread and stick them in the oven.

"Anything else that I can do?" She said grinning happily.

"You any good at making spaghetti?"