Chapter 5: Really Captain?!

"The-" Renard let out a string of words so vulgar that someone should have smacked him.

Nick looked amused and everyone whipped around when Hank knocked on the door. Everyone in a mile radius had heard Renard cuss louder than a sailor.

"Sir? Are you okay?!" Hank asked.

"That remains to be seen, Hank." Renard replied. He looked like was on the verge of cussing even louder than before.

"Hey, Nick. Who's this?" Hank said indicating Lena.

"My sis Lena. " Nick explained.

Hank looked like he'd been tasered multiple times.

"Sup. " Lena said. Artemis was squirming in the bag so Lena set Artemis on Renard's desk and told her not to mess anything up. Renard let Artemis sit there but watched her carefully.

"Ian Harmon will be joining us later. He's going to be on the case disguised as a grad student that's learning. " Nick said. 

"Speaking of that we got a call." Hank explained

The group including Artemis who was stowed away in the bag again left and got into Hank's car and went to an abandoned building near the river. They walked inside to immediately see five men dangling from the ceiling impaled on huge spikes.

Sgt. Wu walked towards them and looked at Lena and said, "So you're Nick's little sister. "

"Yep. " She said but then Artemis started to growl and Lena finally understood why the puppy was going nuts.

She turned around to see Ian Harmon grinning at her and Artemis who was in his arms.

"Ian! " She grinned at the sight - Artemis was biting Ian's fingers trying to protect Lena.

"Your blasted dog got out of your bag and attacked me." Ian grinned and shook his head.

It was really funny and no one could help their laughter.

Lena flat out laughed as soon as Artemis leaped off 'the attacker' and into Lena's arms still growling at Ian.