Chapter 6- Around Harry's time

Hey, how's it going?

Somebody give me an award already because really, two updates in a single month?! Who am I?

Great to see that so many of you are as excited about this fic as I am. I'm really taking my time with this fic because I'm really, really working hard on it. The chapters of this fic are quite lengthy and take time in general to finish writing, but I'm still trying to update regularly. Yay.

And for those of you asking me when will Zayn make an entry...very soon is the answer. It's just that this is a fic based heavily on the various characters that are a part of it and their developments as a character. I'm really trying to give each and every one of them some kind of depth and dimension to make them more relatable I guess.

Let me know what you guys thought of this one...enjoy!

-Jenny aka LoveandHeartbreaks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Liam, mate, I'm talking to you—not to the walls!" Louis shouted, throwing his hands in the air and looking seriously exasperated.

This was enough to make Liam jump a little and get him out of his reverie. He was still busy thinking about that boy, Harry, who showed up in his room yesterday. Liam was certain now that what he saw was not a mere creation of his mind. No, he remembers how their hands 'met'. He remembers it so clearly that he still feels goose bumps on his arms. But Liam wasn't about to tell any of this to Louis and Niall because really, why would they believe him? There wasn't even any proof. He was the one who always stressed about there being no ghosts. He was the one who promised to complete this dare. Liam can't run away now. Besides, Harry didn't look like he was going to harm him, right?

"I'm sorry, just, stuff on my mind. What were you saying?" Liam inquired, setting down his laptop only to find Louis searching the entire hall like a madman for...something?

"I can't find my damn phone!" Louis said. It wasn't hard for Liam to tell that he was annoyed, not with the way Louis was continuously cracking his knuckles and fiddling with his fringe—a habit of Louis' Liam was aware about since they were seventeen. "I swear I kept it on the nightstand before sleeping!"

"Well," Liam said, "did you try dialing your number?"

"Of course, I did! But it's switched off, which is even more weird because I can guarantee you my phone wasn't about to die last night. It was at 78 percent!" Louis said, going back to throwing the cushions on the sofa here and there in hope of finding his phone.

"Where's Niall?" Liam asked.

"Upstairs, he's helping out finding it. And you better move your arse and start searching my phone. I'll go check if he found anything." Louis said hurriedly, rushing upstairs. Liam rolled his eyes. If only Louis could be more responsible when it came to his belongings.

"He looks even more paranoid than I thought he would be."

After nearly dying from a heart attack, Liam turned around to face Harry. Fuck, he really was about to die.

"Could you", Liam licked his dry lips; "Could you refrain from doing that?"

"Doing what?"

"Popping up out of nowhere and scaring me to death?"

"That is literally the whole point of a ghost." Harry deadpanned. Liam wanted to dig a whole right then and there in the ground and simply bury himself because he just embarrassed himself in front of a bloody ghost. He really shouldn't be allowed to live.