Chapter 8. Married Man

Tomorrow was my date with Zara. It was now two weeks since our phone conversation and although we texted every day and the chemistry was building effortlessly, finding the time to actually get together was nearly impossible with our two conflicting schedules. I had so much paperwork I needed to complete before officially becoming a partner at the firm. Not only did I need to have several meetings with our lawyers and to look over the contract, but I also needed to hire a new assistant, decide on which junior accountant I was going to promote to my old position, and complete all the documents I had currently been working on. I also I had a fresh new stack of files I had to overview so that I would be completely caught up in my first official meeting as a Partner. You could say I was very overwhelmed. After two weeks of working later than I'd ever worked in my life I was nearly done. The only thing left was to hire a new assistant.

I had fifteen people I was interviewing. I hadn't started but I was already exhausted. I had to choose very carefully as my assistant would be accompanying me on my all business travels, spending every late night in the office with me and would interact with my clients before I even had the opportunity to speak or meet with them myself. I needed someone that was reliable, dependable, organized and very flexible with their work schedule. The position was also paid 50k a year, which was a very good salary for that type of position. That didn't even include bonuses.

I just put my coffee down on my desk in my new office when Richard strolled in.

"David! All ready to find your new victim?" He joked.

"Not funny Rich, you know I'm shitting my pants right now with all this stress."

He sat down on one of chairs near my desk and gave me a wry smile. "Don't worry about it. Just find the most qualified person you think you can handle spending that much time with. But fair warning about the very attractive young females, your girlfriend or future wife may not like you spending late nights with them and you'll get an earful every night about how they are trying to seduce you."

I took a sip of my coffee, relishing in the warm sensation it sent down my throat. "Trouble in Paradise Rich?"

He laughed drily. "You could say. Fenechka won't stop complaining about Jen. 'Why are Jens' shirts so tight and her skirts so short?' 'Why does she always sit on your desk and shove her fake tits in your face?' 'Back in Russia I would have already taken care of the bitch' you know, crap like that."

"Didn't you sleep with your last assistant though?"

"Yeah, but that was before Fenechka. I'm a married man now; I only have one mouth for one pussy."

I groaned and covered my face with my hands. "Ahh Richard, please, spare me the details."

He reclined in his chair and smirked at me. "You're Partner now David, that makes us almost friends. I can't say that stuff to our employees, but you and Sharon can surely get an earful about how good that pussy is."

I rolled my eyes. "You're disgusting. And Jen does dress very inappropriately for the office; you should mention something to her about that. She gets a yearly clothing allowance. She should be able to find something suitable."

"Yeah, but I feel like she might take it the wrong way coming from me. I'll get Sharon to talk to her next week. Last thing I need is a sexual harassment case and Fenechka accusing me of more shit."

I glanced down at my watch, my first interview would start about 5 minutes and I needed to mentally prepare. "Okay Richard, you've got to go. Can't you have here distracting my victims as you call them."