The Month Of The Quraan

Bismillah

In The Name of Allah

The blessed month of Ramadan is finally upon us.This is actually my favorite time of year, because I see people who sin openly, begin to pray openly and. oh, it makes me smile.

A lot of people don't like when others become holier just for the sake of Ramadan, but I like to think of it this way, during Ramadan, people are basically showing what they are capable of doing on a daily basis. And maybe, in that time of Ramadan, it is placed in their heart to change for the better.

So please, brothers and sisters, don't bang on about someone who wore hijab ONLY because Ramadan is here, or that uncle that ONLY started turning up for prayers because he was fasting.

What is Ramadan?

It is the 9th month in the Muslim calender where fasting is observed from sunrise till sunset.

Now on so many ocassions, I've been asked, ''Why do you fast?'' and almost 75% of the time, after I explain the reason, the person will say something like ''oh I'd never survive''

People, if you haven't tried to fast, even in halves, how would you know that you cannot survive? I myself, do love my food but yet I love Allah a lot more. And if you love someone, don't you do everything you can just to please them?

Significance of Ramadan

Since Muslims follow the lunar calendar, the month of Ramadan will occur in all the seasons at least twice in each person's lifetime. God clearly stated the reason for choosing this month in the Quran.

He said: "Ramadan is the month in which the Quran was revealed as guidance and clarification to humankind, and a distinction between right and wrong. So, whoever from among you witnesses the month should fast it." (2: 185)

The significance of Ramadan lies in the fact that the revelation of the Quran began in that month.For this reason, Ramadan is often called the month of the Quran and Muslims try to spend much of their waking hours reading from the Holy Book throughout the month.

Small Prayer

O Allah! Guide me along with those who have been guided aright and grant me safety along with those who have been granted safety and patronise me along with those who have been patronised and add your blessing to what You have given me and save me from the injurious effects to what you have ordained. You alone dispose and no other can dispose against you. One who is under Your Protection cannot be lowered. You are full of blessing and Most High.

Ameen.

Now, I kindly ask of you to remember me in your duas and our fellow Muslim wattpaders. Also I'm not sure I've covered everything about Ramadan, I plan to upload a follow-up chapter about  the benefits of fasting. And if Allah wills, a requested chapter on back bitting and on my Islamic background.

May Allah's blessings and mercy shower you in this month.

Wasalam

JazakAllah for reading.