Hajj Pilgrimage

Bismillah

In the name of Allah

As-Salamu Alaykum

Hello... So today is Saturday the 5th of 2011... 

I shouldn't prolong this un-necessarily but today 2 million Muslims were at Arafat in Mecca for the Hajj pilgrimage. Let me just sum up Hajj and the actions for my non Muslim readers...

Hajj is a pilgrimage to Mecca that takes place once a year. Every Muslim has to go for one Hajj if they have suffient money.  The pilgrimage occurs from the 8th to 12th day of Dhu al-Hijjah. Dhu al- Hijjah is the last month of the Islamic calender.

First the Muslims known as Hajjies go for Umrah in Mecca. An Umrah is simply going around the Kabah 7 times. After the rounds the Hajjies walk 7 times between the mountains of Safa and Marwah.

The next morning, on the eighth of Dhu al-Hijjah, the pilgrims proceed to Mina where they spend the night in prayer.

On the ninth day, they leave Mina for Mt. Arafat where they stand in contemplative vigil and pray and recite the Qur'an, near a hill from which ProphetMuhammad gave his last sermon, this hill is called Jabal Al Rahmah (The Hill of Forgiveness, Mount Arafat). This is the same hill Muslims believe that the Day of Judgement will take place.

As soon as the sun sets, the pilgrims leave Arafat for Muzdalifah, an area between Arafat and Mina. Pilgrims spend the night sleeping on the ground with open sky, and in the morning they gather pebbles for the next day's ritual of the stoning of the Devil (Shaitan) after returning to Mina.

At Mina the pilgrims perform Ramy al-Jamarat, throwing stones to signify their defiance of the Devil. This symbolizes the trials experienced by Abraham while he was going to sacrifice his son as demanded by Allah. The Devil challenged him three times, and three times Abraham refused. Each pillar marks the location of one of these refusals.

After the Stoning of the Devil, the pilgrims perform animal sacrifices, to symbolize God having mercy on Abraham and replacing his son with a ram, which Abraham then sacrificed. Traditionally the pilgrims slaughtered the animal themselves, or oversaw the slaughtering. Today many pilgrims buy a sacrifice voucher in Makkah before the greater Hajj begins, which allows an animal to be slaughtered in their name on the 10th, without the pilgrim being physically present. (Hence Eid ah Adha)

On this or the following day the pilgrims re-visit the Masjid al-Haram mosque in Mecca for another tawaf, to walk around the Kaaba. This is called the Tawaf az-Ziyarah or Tawaf al-Ifadah, which symbolizes being in a hurry to respond to God and show love for Him, an obligatory part of the Hajj. The night of the 10th is spent back at Mina.

Finally, before leaving Mecca, pilgrims perform a farewell tawaf called the Tawaf al-Wida. 'Wida' means 'to bid farewell'.

That is generally what happens during Hajj.

Any way Eid Mubarak or Happy Eid to all the Muslims out there & Hajj Mubarak to the lucky people that were called to the house of Allah.

I have a Dua or Prayer to make for those who were at Arfat today.

Glory be to Allah. (All) praise be to Allah.

There is no god save Allah. Allah is the Greatest.

 Glory be to He whose Arsh is in the heavens!

 Glory be to He whose Will operates in the earth!

 Glory be to He who examines (the dead) in the graves!

 Glory be to He who surfaced a path over the ocean! 

Glory be to He who has the total control over the Fire! 

Glory be to He who surrounds the Paradise with (His) mercy! 

Glory be to He who will do justice on the Day of Judgement!

Glory be to He who raised the sky! 

Glory be to He who spread the earth! 

Glory be to He from whom there is no running away unless (one takes refuge) with Him!

I ask forgiveness of Allah. There is no god save He, the Ever-Alive Eternal; and unto Him I turn repentant.

Ya Allah, today every Muslim who is performing Hajj was at Arfat. Accept all their duahs. On the day of reckoning raise us with the followers of Islam, the Imaams and Alims. With the companions of Nabi Muhammad (P.B.U.H).  Ya Allah when we have to cross over the thread between Paradise, let as move at the speed of Light. Let us recieve our book of deeds in our right hand. Let us be among those that share the shade of your Arsh (throne). But oh my Lord, most of all, let me be among those that pleased you. I love you my creator. But place that love in my heart. That love for Islam, for Allah, for my beloved Nabi (p.b.u..h) 

Ya Allah, when our lips are sealed on the day of Judgement. When our body parts will grow mouths, ya Allah please disclose my sins. Ya Allah I commit so much haraam, only you can see. If you can't forgive me, who will my Lord? When the grounds will shake and the earth will tremble. When the second trumpet is blown please my Creator, let me die with the Shahada on my lips. With me saying ā ʾilāha ʾillallāh, Muḥammad rasūlu-llāh. There is No God but Allah and Muhammad (p.b.u.h) is the last and final messenger.

 Oh The Giver and Taker of Life, there are innocent families around the world being killed. Because of bombs, because of unjust rulers. Ya Allah, in the Qur'an you said that a tryant ruler will suffer the most painful death. Please don't let as be ruled by tryants. 

Ya Allah in countries where there are out breaks of swin flue people stopped eating pork. Muslims never eat pork to begin with but they didn't listen to us when we told them. Now they see but its too late.

Ya Allah in countries like France, where they ban the Muslim women from covering herself, more Women are being aussulted because they dress shamelessly, but they still don't want us to cover up.

Ya Allah in countries like America, when some people give you nasty looks becuase your Muslim, ya Allah guide them. They don't understand Islam, they won't unless you help them. My Lord, in Guantanamo Bay, Muslims are thrown in there for no reason. Without trial, most beaten to death, ya Allah you give them patience. They will soon be free.

In coutries like Palastine, whena person can't leave there own home to buy bread without being shot, ya Allah you give them peace, Islam will live on.

Oh my Beloved, give the Ummah of my Prophet happiness and forgive our sins. Don't allow us to go astray, don't allow us on the wrong path.

It is the day of Arfat, when all  duahs are accepted. My Lord, accept my duahs.

Ameen.

JazakAllah for taking you time to read.

Eid Mubarak

Wasalam.