Chapter Eighteen

(Masterofdisaster- Okay, so I think you’ll really like chapter 19, but for me to make chapter 19 super good, I have to make some stuff you won’t like happen in this chapter, so you better not get mad after this chapter and not read any more, cause I’m doing this to make chapter 19 good. But if you do get super mad at me, I might just make the opposite of what you want happen. So yeah. Don’t spazz out on me, okay?)

As I flopped out of bed the next morning, I realized that I had practice to go to today. This would be interesting. I hadn’t talked to Adam since yesterday when we got back in L.A., and I had a bad feeling that things were going to be a bit awkward when we talked again.

During practice, we sort of just avoided the depressing subject and acted like we were just getting ready for another week. I couldn’t decide if I was happy about that or not. I didn’t want things to be awkward, but at the same time, I didn’t want to act like nothing had happened.

By the time the night of the performance came, we still hadn’t really talked about it. We couldn’t act like nothing had happened, though. Wardrobe had me in long sleeves tonight as my arm was still bandaged and they didn’t want to bring any attention to that.

I was singing Be Here by Parachute tonight, which wasn’t a super fast song, so it would work okay with not a lot of stage props. We were not going to have another strobe light incident like last time.

My performance went great, which I was happy about. I hoped it would be enough to carry me through to next week, because I would be really bummed if Adam brought me all the way back to L.A. for me to only stay on for one more week.

As I was one of the earlier performances, I just got to sit back and enjoy the other performances after mine. I had been assured that there wouldn’t be any sort of props that could trigger another incident, so it was safe for me to watch. I was allowed to go sit in the audience, not far behind the judges, where I could get a good view of the show.

I was a little curious to see what Peter was going to do, as his performances most weeks involved some big and impressive stages. Unfortunately, he was the last performance, so I had to wait a while to figure out what he was doing.

And once he was finally up there, I was incredibly pissed. I recognized the introduction piano music immediately, and I could not believe he was doing this. He was singing Fireflies, which was one of my favorite Ron Pope songs. Seriously, he was singing the same artist as I had my last performance? Plus, I loved this song, and didn’t want him ruining it for me. I knew we were technically on good terms now, but still, I wasn’t happy.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t deny that it sounded amazing, and I couldn’t help but getting a little sad by the end.

On the last, “All that I know about us is that beautiful things never last,” he seemed to be looking right at me. Hmm...

Woah now, what the heck was that supposed to mean? Thinking logically, he could very much be relating it to me, or us, especially since he was doing a Ron Pope song, which from last week he obviously knew I liked. He wasn’t...talking about when we were dating, was he? All that I know about us is that beautiful things never last. Hmm, was he talking about how us dating didn’t last long? Or was this all coincidence and I was just overthinking things?

I made my way backstage, feeling awkward. But of course, I ended up bumping right into Peter. I tried to skirt my way around it, but of course, he grabbed my arm. “Beka, we need to talk,” he insisted.

“No we don’t,” I said hurriedly, making a beeline for my dressing room. He stood in front of me, blocking my way to the door.

“Seriously Beka, I need to tell you something.”

“Move out of the way,” I said through clenched teeth.

“No.”

“Peter, you can’t keep me out of my own dressing room.”

He let me open the door, but he followed me right in. AHH, WHAT THE HECK?

“Peter, get out,” I told him, feeling my face going red at the fact that Peter was in my dressing room. Hopefully he couldn’t tell in this dim lighting.

“Not until you let me talk,” he said, apparently not at all bothered by the fact he was in my dressing room. Ugh. Manhoe.

“WHAT IS IT?!?!?!?” I finally demanded, deciding to just let him get whatever it was done and over with.

Before he could open his mouth, my phone began ringing. Checking the Caller ID, I saw that it was Adam. I quickly answered it.

“Beka?” he asked.

“Yeah?”

“Can we talk?”

“Sure, I’m in my dressing room.”

“Okay, I’m on my way over.”

I closed the phone, setting it down on a counter. “Peter, you’ve got one minute, go.”

He took a deep breath. “Beka, I-”

“You still have feelings for me, don’t you?” I cut him off, but I wasn’t sure why I did so.

“Yeah Beka, I do.”

“You’re a bit obvious,” I retorted.

“Only to you,” he told me, perfectly fine. Yeah, that was true.

“Okay, so what am I supposed to do about this?” I asked. Okay, so he still had feelings for me. What was he expecting me to say?

“I mean I get that you like Adam or whatever-”

My face went an ever deeper shade of red. “Woah, back up, who told you that?”

He smirked. “You’re a bit obvious,” he said, mimicking my words.

“Okay, and telling me you still like me is going to help what exactly?” I retorted.

He shrugged. “Nothing I guess, I just thought you should know.”

You just want me to feel guilty for liking Adam, I thought to myself, biting my tongue to prevent myself from actually saying that.

What was I supposed to say? I’m sorry I don’t like you back?

“Peter, I’m sorry all of this happened, the two of us just didn’t really work out...” I began, and he cut me off.

“I know, I know. I don’t want pity,” he told me.

“Then what exactly do you-”

The idiot cut me off by kissing me, which was exactly the last thing I expected. I was surprised to find that he was a really good kisser. Which sucked for me. What was I supposed to do? Give him this one kiss and don’t let it happen again, or slap him?

Unfortunately, before I could decide, the door opened and I only got a glimpse of Adam in the doorway before he was gone again.

[Okay so I honestly don't know who anyone ships in this fanfic other than masterofdisaster and BreakingVanity, so I'm sort of curious as to what sort of reaction I'll get to this chapter.]