One~

Summer

I got up and put my clothes on which only considered a shirt some worn out jeans and my only converses. I was so excited the other day about today because it was my birthday now the day has come and I'm not no where near excited.

I mean its not all about the presents, at least I'm living but its just no one cares about my birthday not even my own mom. I grabbed my binder and hurried out of the apartment and out of the building. As soon as I got out there the bus pulled up, I got on and sat down.

I heard laughing and I knew they were laughing at me because I heard my name. I'm not ugly I don't guess, I'm kinda light skinned, I have curly hair, im not to big or small.

I was the last one to get off of the bus, I walked slowly taking my time not trying to even touch the door of this school building. I opened the door and walked in to see people at their lockers chatting with their friends. I felt awkward just standing around so I went to the bathroom.

I walked in to see two girls, I've seen them around and they constantly talk about me. " I think yo ass need some new clothes" one of the girls said.

I ignored her and tried to walk into the stalve only to be pulled back by my arm." Did you hear me" the girl said smirking.

"Yes now leave me the hell alone" I said snatching away from her. She hit me in my mouth, and I fell down." You so damn ugly, I see why yo mama hate you" she walked out and her friend followed behind her.

Suddenly I was crying, I no longer felt the pain in my mouth. I felt hurt by her words, and that pain took over. I looked down to see blood dripping, I got up and looked in the mirror to see my mouth bleeding. My eyes were all puffy, I rinsed my mouth, and dried my face.

I walked out of the bathroom to see no one, I didn't even hear the bell ring. I rushed to class, as soon as I opened the door the teacher said " your late".

"Sorry" I said rushing to my seat, "Summer principals office" she said pointing towards the door. "What but I didn't do anything" I said looking up.I heard snickering around me, "get up and go now, this a every day thing with you and I've talked to you about it Now get up" she said in a stern voice.

I grabbed my binder and left out, when I reached the office the principal was waiting. "Ms.McKay I just got an email from your teacher saying your always late" he said looking up.

"I called your mom but she didn't answer, so I'm just gonna send you home for three days until I can have a conference with your parent" he said handing me a paper.

" I won't be late anymore, just don't do this" I said. "Sorry its already done" he said turning towards his computer.

I left out, this is the worst birthday ever I thought as I walked home. As soon as I got there I saw Juan's car. He's my moms( Tariya) boyfriend, he has two kids who gets treated better than me by my own mom.

I walked inside the apartment to see my mom and Juan sitting on the couch. "Why yo dumb self ain't in school" she said lighting up her habit. " The principal said I had to stay home for three days until he can get you to come to a conference" I said putting my binder on the table.

"You just want be going to school then cause I ain't going to no school for you" she said passing it to Juan who took a big hit of it and blew smoke into the air.

Juan looked at me with a smirk before turning away. I went to my room, my life is a mess I thought to myself.

I hadn't even known I fell asleep until I heard my name being called. I looked up to see Destiny looking at me,yes I said sitting up. "Yo mama said me and my brother have to sleep in yo bed" she said putting her bags down. Trevon sat his bag down and said " I'm sleepy can you get up".

I got up and got on the floor, the last time I told them they couldn't sleep in my bed my mama beat the hell out of me.

I couldn't sleep so I put my shoes on, I left out and left the apartment building. I kept hearing whining sounds, I couldn't ignore it anymore so I followed the sound.

When I got to were it was coming from, I saw a baby in a car seat and it was in this big dumpster. I looked around and no one was there. I grabbed the car seat , I couldn't think. If I took it home there would be problems, and I can't just leave it here. I walked into the building and checked the empty apartments. Luckily one was unlocked.

I sat on the floor,and looked at the baby. This kinda made my birthday better, this is a weird birthday present.