Prologue

PROLOGUE

I was sweating bullets. I finally did it. The plan was going smoothly that it gave me a little assurance that everything would turn out fine. Pero kahit ganoon ay parang nanginginig parin ako sa takot. After all it's all my firsts. Natural lang lahat nang ito, ang maging brutal at walang awa. I was born with it, yes, but I don't use what the bratva believed I should use it for. It was for another reason and nothing like the bratva's at all. I looked at the list once more, looking for corrections. I didn't find any so I proceeded.

Name: Gordon McAllister
Age: 43
Status: Married
Occupation: CEO at Houten Enterprises

The weapon on my right hand was resting casually as I walk towards the top floor of the Houten Enterprises building. Kinasa ko ang baril ko tsaka in-attach ang silencer habang naglalakad. All eyes were on me and they were huge as saucers as they see the weapon I'm holding. "I think it's best of you all keep quiet," I say in a murderous tone, the one that would haunt them that it'll creep in their bones. "One push of a button and everybody's gonna blow. Stick to the plan, will you?"

I feel bad. Really bad. Walang kinalaman ang mga tao rito but I had to hurt them if they stay stubborn and tries to stop me. Nothing can stop me.

Mister McAllister's floor looked exquisite; a wide lobby with posh ornaments. He had a grand office which he probably took half of his employees' monthly salary. The boss resides here so it is littered with surveillance camera everywhere. I smirked. I have jammed every cameras on the building and even attached signal jammers everywhere. The building was in a total lock down. Walang makakapasok at wala ring makakalabas. Everything is manipulated by me and me only.

Kaya wala dapat akong ikabahala.

With an outstretched arm, I proceeded in shooting all the cameras surrounded me, the gun aimed straight and clean on it. Just to make sure. I chuckled at the thought. Yeah right. Everything's guilt tripping me now.

Pero hindi pa rin magbabago ang isip kong maghiganti.

I needed a reminder, to keep me going, to motivate me. Bakit ko ba 'to ginagawa? Simple.

You take life, I take yours. An eye for an eye. Fairness. Justice. That's what I'm doing.

"Please ma'am! Don't--"

I hushed her immediately. Ayokong may magmakaawa. I didn't want my femininity to be involved. I didn't want to too soft. Pinaghandaan ko 'to. Ayoko sanang masira lang dahil sa pagmamakaawa niya. I show no mercy. No regrets and only determination. "Wala akong gagawin sa'yo. Just help me out and you're safe." Ngumiti ako sakaniya. "Where's Mr. McAllister's files? I'll be the one taking it to him."

"H-Heto po," tsaka niya binigay sa'kin sa tilang isang tonelada na paperwork. I frowned.

"Jesus, he's such a busy man." I couldn't help but exclaim. She was alarmed by it, thinking I'd do something to her if she won't do anything that she nodded almost forced. Nanginginig siya sa presensiya ko. I like that... at least kampante na ako sa sarili ko na kaya ko 'to. I want her scared of me... "You stay here and be quiet, okay? I'll just surprise him." I said. Tumango naman siya at nanginginig na umupo pabalik sa upuan niya.

Inayos ko muna ang suot ko; I lowered my pencil skirt an inch below my knee, pinagpag ko ang white corset blouse ko, finger-combed my wavy brown hair, and wore my dark-rimmed glasses. I still got to look good, to look presentable in front of the man who might be Hephaestus. Tinago ko rin ang baril ko sa likuran ko. Binuhat ko ang paperworks niya tsaka pumunta na sa loob.