Chapter Sixty

Chapter Sixty

The Lucian Casamayor Fête

--

First thing's first, Kaspar was right.

"It was Stacey." I showed Kaspar the picture we got from the mansion. "It may not look like her but I can assure that it is her. She changed her face and all that. And guess what? She's the one responsible with what happened to Auntie Clara-ouch!"

Kaspar pressed too much on my wound that I got from the crash. He didn't look sorry but he got a smug look on his face. "Sabi ko na nga ba." he said. I hissed in pain when he dabbed the cotton painfully on my wound. "Nagsuntukan ba kayo? Cat fight?"

I rolled my eyes. "Cat fights isn't my thing and it's childish. I'd rather have duel." I hissed once more as he dabbed the cotton again with much pressure. I glared at him after. "She parked her van in the middle of the road while I was riding a motorcycle. It crashed and the rest was histor-quit pressing it too hard! Masakit!"

"Sa'n mo naman nakuha ang motor?" he ignored my plea.

"It doesn't matter. Alam mo naman kung sa'n ko 'yon nakuha." I retorted. "At bakit ka naman interesado do'n? Hindi ka ba interesado kay Stacey Chung?"

"I thought it was her doing. Something's off about her and I have proofs. Hindi mo na kailangan ulit-ulitin." he said. "Ano ba ang nakuha mo kay Beatrice?"

"I didn't have anything from her. She's quiet." I answered. "I told you Kas, it's Stacey. Stacey Chung is Sara Portman all along." Tumigil siya sa paglinis ng mga natamo kong sugat. Kunot noo siyang tumingin sa'kin.

"So you mean, we just turned around in circles? Pa'no mo nalaman?"

"She was the one who initiated the crash in which I don't really understand. And then she invited me over to her house with some tea. Kita ko sakaniya ang mga tinuro sakaniya ng bratva at mukhang kasali na iyon sa sistema niya. Her house was full of guns and whatnot, if you really just saw it. And that Beatrice, she can handle weapons just fine..." I cut myself off as I caught myself telling him unnecessary things. "We had a talk, she said I could ask anything. She talked about herself with snippets about my dad..." I trailed off.

"Oh bakit?" Kaspar asked with worry.

"I don't know." I frowned. Ngayon ko lang nasikmura ang sinabi ni Stacey kanina, and I'm not feeling good. I'm not supposed to feel good. "I know we knew about Dad being bad... and I heard it from somebody else's mouth, completely concreting the truth. I can't believe Dad lied. I looked up to him you now... Tapos... "

Hinagod niya ang likod ko.

"I've been thinking hard and... I don't know. I'm probably worse than him." I continued. "What if he deserved it? What if... he deserved to die? What if talagang masama siyang tao and everyone who is as bad as him wanted to get back? And I'm just here... concealing him, getting him justice that he doesn't even deserve. I don't know. Natatakot ako sa mga nalalaman ko sakaniya. I feel like if I know more, I'll..."

"Venus, puro lang naman 'yan what if." Kaspar interjected. "Wala tayong alam tungkol sa papa mo. Malay mo may rason kung bakit niya 'to ginagawa. We don't have any idea at all so stop thinking about things that could only hurt your feelings."

I sighed. "Yes. Maybe you're right. I'm just scared of what I'm going to know. It's all too deep for me to comprehend..." I paused, biting my lip. Dad lied about him not participating on the dark side, what more could he possibly hid? As I embark on this journey, I know it would be hard. As secrets unravel, I know it'll be hard for me to accept and might even regret it for the longest time. I shrugged the thoughts away, it won't do me any good. I cleared my throat and thought about the real deal. I'll let Sara talk, I'll hunt down Hephaestus, I'll rescue Diana, and then finish Hephaestus once and for all. "Sara wouldn't talk either. She knew where her bitch of a sister is and she won't tell me." I continued, hinting mischief on my voice.