IV

IV
His POV

He lazily walked through their main door, looking as if he had been struck by a love spell of some sort. The two boys looked at him questioningly, their eyes showing concern for the younger boy.

He tossed his jacket on to their couch, flopping down beside it. He relaxed into the soft cushion, Jack speaking up after staring at him. "Uh, are you okay?" He slowly asked, scanning his body.

He smiled, rolling off the couch and hitting the wood floors with a thud, following by a slight groan. "She's so pretty." He dreamily said, feeling like a goofy dork.

The two boys rolled their eyes but paused their tv show they were watching anyways. "Are you talking about the girl?" Johnson, the blonde one, integrated further, making sure they were on the same page.

He nodded, sighing lightly. "She's just all around cute. Her face, her voice, her personality, her—"

"Do you even know her name?" The dark haired one laughed, ready to be proven correct in the fact he does not know. "It's Brooklyn. She said I could call her Brooke if I wanted. She's named Brooklyn because of when—"

"Yeah, I don't care." Gilinsky (the brunette) laughed, the other boy joining in.

"You guys are so rude to me." He pouted, trying to hide that he was annoyed by it.

"Oh c'mon," Johnson started, "You're like, our baby brother. It's just sibling love and teasing."

He immediately scoffed in reply, "Yeah, my two older brothers who fuck each other when I'm trying to sleep."

Gilinsky shrugged, "We've asked if you've wanted to join u—"

"Woah, no homo bro." Shawn reminded, causing them all to laugh. "Whatever, though. Half the time I sneak out, anyways."

The older boys stared at him, "You're not allowed!" The brunette scolded instantly, making it seem like he couldn't trust the boy.

"I can become a bat if I want. Who's gonna be suspicious of a bat?" He shot back easily, feeling that for a moment he wasn't the boss of him.

"People who attempt to track supernatural beings for a living, dumbass. Especially in the woods, your red eyes kind of scream, hey look I'm a vampire." He snickered, giving him a knowing look.

"I can change my eye color just like hiding my fangs," He argued once again, opening his mouth and retracting his fangs as evidence.

"You know that's bad for you, right?" The blonde one asked to make sure, looking at him. Shawn rolled his eyes, not bothering to say he only does those in times of need, and maybe the girl was one of those times.

"Only for long periods." He murmured back, looking down at the floor. The two boys just glanced at each other repeatedly, making Shawn feel like they were going to say something bad.

Of course they couldn't converse out loud, they just had to make it obvious and read each other's thoughts. He hated when they did this, because he only had the stupid power to sense others' emotions.

It didn't come in handy much, because well, they mostly straight up told him if they were pissed. It's not like he interacted with anyone else, anyways.

"You can't be friends with her," Gilinsky finally spilled, Shawn's expression fusing.

"You can't tell me how to feel," He said, a look of defense crossing his face. It had been two days and they were already telling him to delete her from his life?

"I can tell you what to do though," The oldest replied smugly, looking to the blonde who was just fiddling with his fingers.

Shawn wanted to yell at him and tell him he can't, however, sadly he does. The precautions are just to keep him safe and for his own good, but sometimes he can't help to think it's ruining part of his freedom.

"Whatever. I'm going out and you're not stopping me this time." Shawn hissed after a moment, squeezing his eyelids shut and concentrating on switching the color.

He once again opened them, relieved at the sight of brown in the mirror. He left his fangs be, since he was just turning to a bat and nobody would notice.

Gilinsky went to propose an agreement to the two boys but Shawn had already opened the window and flown out. He sighed as he rubbed his temples, not saying another word as he quietly headed off to their bedroom.

Shawn made sure to stay in the wooded areas, flying through the trees. He loved freely doing this, especially at night. He just felt so alive.

Too bad he's not.

Somehow he found himself in a tree outside Brooklyn's window, watching her as she danced to a song he didn't know.

She was so graceful and though it seemed like a more upbeat song, she didn't have to try to be elegant— it looked natural.

He admired her as she moved about, cleaning her items every once in a while. She bopped her head to the beat, pretending to hold a guitar and violently strum on it. He smiled to himself, and boy, he was starstruck.

He decided enough was enough and finally left to fly back home, but all he could think of was how beautiful she looked in the twinkling moonlight, and how it shone peacefully on her soft skin.

He snuck back into their cabin, passing by the Jacks and seeing them cuddled up on their bed. He went to the bathroom and turned his eyes back to red, washing his face and teeth before heading off to sleep.

Life was hard when you're not apart of it anymore.

please vote & comment :) xx