VII

VII
Her POV

"How many more times are you going to ask for mozzarella sticks?" Brooklyn groaned as she dragged her sister through the isles, placing appetizing items in the cart every once in a while.

She just shrugged, and despite her sister's protest, she put two boxes of mozzarella sticks into the buggy. "I just want some, okay? Is that so wrong, bro?" She sarcastically said, not giving Brooklyn time to reply as she walked off to other sections of the store.

Brooklyn ignored Bella's ways, continuing to figure out what to get for the house. Her dad had sent them out (which, was not the best idea) to get more food and dinner for the night.

If getting lost on the car trip here wasn't enough, then maybe Bella's annoying begging for snacks will be.

Once she had about fifty dollars' worth of items in her possession, she rounded up her younger sister and headed to the self check out area.

She entered the lane that said twenty items or fewer, and though she had more than the limit, she didn't care because she didn't want to wait in line and deal with a rude cashier.

Within three more minutes they had bagged all their items and began making their way towards her father's car, which she had to borrow considering she didn't have her own.

They placed the food into the trunk of the car, heading back to their house. They were about ten minutes out of the main town, so the ride home wasn't too bad.

"We didn't get any mozzarella sticks." Bella said immediately to their dad as they entered the house, making Brooklyn scoff. "It's because you were being extremely annoying in the store. Plus, I was never told to buy you food specifically."

She shrugged as she set down the groceries, putting away to cold/frozen foods away so they wouldn't melt and become gross.

Her dad didn't say anything, knowing it was better to not engage in the conversation at all than get a fight started between the two girls. "You got the milk though, right? I need that for my coffee."

She nodded, holding open the fridge door where the milk was sitting to prove her point. He let out a noise of acknowledgment, leaving the room to go watch his show again. "Can I go out for a walk?"

She stopped him before he could leave, making him pause for a moment. "Yeah, be back in less than an hour though."

"Thanks," She mumbled softly, pulling her coat back on and stepping outside once again.

A soft breeze hit her skin, making her sigh in content. Light breezes when it's thirty four degrees outside were always her favorite in winter.

She found herself trailing back to the woods again, wanting to meet up with Shawn. She knows she should have texted him, but he probably wasn't busy.

Over the past month, Brooklyn's been hanging out with Shane more and more. They have common interests and have become surprisingly close.

She learned he knows how to play guitar and piano, and also sings. He never does though, insisting he's not very good and they should stop brining it up.

But if his regular speaking voice is heavenly, what would he sound like when he's singing?
Brooklyn could only imagine.

She had taught herself to play piano when she was younger, but very minimal things. She stopped playing because they had to sell her keyboard at one point for money when her dad lost his job.

She noticed her sudden change i thoughts, quickly shaking off the feeling that would be spreading soon.

She looked up from where she was, seeing she only had a few hundred feet before a cabin, whose she assumed was Shawm's.

As she was approaching, two tall figures came into right view outside the cabin. One appeared to be sucking the other's neck, and they both looked like boys.

Brooklyn most definitely isn't offended or disgusted by this. She thought that as long as you were happy with someone, gender shouldn't matter.

Yet, she still felt slightly sad when recognizing the grey and blue jacket as Shawn's, realizing he was leaving a mark on another boy's neck.

He's gay? I thought he kind of liked me for a moment. She thought to herself, turning back around to go home at the thought. She obviously shouldn't interrupt their session, that would just be plain rude even if this seemed a little shocking to her.

She quietly began her walk towards the road, feeling sort of disappointed.

Why are you disappointed? He's your friend, not crush. She tried to convince herself, ignoring the feelings rising in her chest.

She has plenty of time to find someone else anyways. There has to be a few cute boys she goes to school with.

When she was fully out of sight from the two boys, she couldn't hear the calls of Shawn trying to explain his actions.