IX

{important a/n at the end}

IX
His POV

The next morning was rather groggily, Shawn waking up feeling like he needs a break today.

The Jacks didn't talk to him much when they were around, except for small comments, but he was thankful for it. He didn't really want to engage in a conversation, anyways.

One thing that Shawn couldn't seem to avoid was Brooklyn. Granted, he could if he wanted, but he would never. He had to talk to her sometime and when he decided it should be later today, he was already regretting it.

When the sun had fallen around six o'clock, he turned off The Vampire Diaries and forced himself off the couch for only the second time that day. The Jacks were out at a bar, something they often did when they needed space from one another. Being cooped up in a cabin with another werewolf and a vampire can be quite on edge.

He stood up and stretched, absentmindedly letting out a sigh.

He didn't need to go confront her, did he? It could probably wait. It probably wasn't even her, right?

Stop trying to get yourself out of this.

He heaved on his coat and shoes, doing a quick glance over through the house before locking the door on his way out.

Flying would be a lot faster, and as much as he wanted to, he knew better. So he took the long human way, walking as transportation.

This is literally so pointless and time consuming, he thought as he stepped through patches of mud and leaves.

Humans should look into flying more, other than airplanes. Those take too long, so maybe some wings. They'd appreciate my thought when rocket shoes become a thing.

He smiled weakly to himself as he continued on, not caring how silly he looked. No one was near him anyways.

He could see the faint light on her back porch, glowing a what looked like a yellow color in the distance. He also never understood the purpose of keeping your outside light on. Are you trying to attract bugs and possible killers?

He shook off the thought once again he as he drew closer, suddenly nerves taking over. What exactly was he going to tell her? He'd avoided thinking of this all day by watching that dumb vampire show.

He took in one last deep breath before rapping on the door, stepping back a tad to avoid getting hit with the door.

When the door opened, he never thought he'd wanted to see Brooklyn more.

"Hi, Bella," He greeted kindly, "is Brooklyn home?" He timidly asked, hoping not the provoke a prolonging conversation.

"Oh, so it's you she talks about constantly. Well, you can come in and I'll tell her that her boy-toy has come to see her." Shawn's cheeks immediately flushed a bright red, embarrassed by her choice of language. Boy-toy? Constantly talked about? What did any of that even mean?

Without another word, she turned on her heels and flaunted up the stairs in a way as if she was proud of what she had said. Shawn simply shook his head to himself once she was out of view. Was she attempting to show off? But show off what?

His head snapped up as a loud voice began yelling, "What do you mean you told him that?!"

He swallowed briefly, interrupted by quick stomps down the flight of stairs in the next room.

"Hey, Shawn," She said, glaring at the invisible person on the stairs. "I'm sorry you had to witness that and be around my sister. She gets odd around boys, I guess you could say."

She nervously mumbled and rambled on slightly, but Shawn didn't really mind. He knew at one point what it was like to have a sister...

He discreetly focused back into what she was saying, smiling and subtly shaking his head. "Hey, don't worry about it. I understand." She gave a light smile back, also seeming a little flushed.

"So, uh-- Why haven't I seen you around?" She offered, trying to ease the tension lightly.

"Ah, I've been a little busy. With work 'n college 'n all." He slipped out, the lie feeling natural now and having almost no hesitation.

"Oh, don't worry about it. I understand," She shrugged it off, not seeming to think about his half assed excuse.

"Can we talk privately? In your room?" Shawn quietly asked, afraid of scaring her or getting rejected for some reason. She nodded again, nudging her head towards the staircase and began to go to her room.

Once they were settled down with both of them on Brooklyn's bed, Shawn was the first attempt to start. "Was that you walking in the woods when I, um.." He trailed off, waiting for an answer before he accidentally spilled something important.

She appeared to shake her head no but couldn't give into lying. "Yes. But before you say anything, I'm totally accepti—"

"Brooklyn, I'm not gay." He rushed out before she could speak again, suddenly realizing he had no backup to why he was all over Gilinsky.

"His name is Jack, I live with him. He uh— He tripped over a shoe in our house and cut part of his neck on a glass table. We went outside to clean it and makes sure there was no glass in his neck, I promise." He bullshitted his way through the lie he just came up with, hoping it sounded legit.

"Wow. Is he okay? Damn," Her eyes widened as she spoke, showing sympathy for his fake wound.

"Yeah, he's all good now. It wasn't too big of a cut, thankfully. I just noticed he was bleeding and acting a little off. Don't worry 'bout him." Shawn assured, relieved in his mind it had worked.

"I'm sorry, my angle looked like you were sucking on his neck," She laughed, shaking her head at herself. Shawn laughed along, acting as though it was incorrect. "Yeah, that's definitely not what happened."

The conversation eased out for a moment as they took a minute to rehearsed what went on.

"Well, now that that's cleared, how does a date on Friday sound?"

*****

so; a little important rant here, please read it through.
please, please, please, do not steal my work.
-I put so much effort into my writing and my books and it makes me feel so bad about it when I see it happen, and this is now the third time (that i know of) I've seen my work copied.
-honestly, when you guys comment or vote or follow me, i probably stalked you a little bit. so when i see someone who's done all of that, and then go to their page to find out they took my main storyline and title, i feel awful.
-i try to put my all into my writing, and though it's not as good as it probably could be, it means a lot to me. this book almost has 6k reads, which is mind blowing to me and i'll never stop thanking you for that.
-so, please don't steal my work. you know who you are, and now you know i've seen it. you can't 'copyright' what isn't yours.
if any of you see my work in someone else's book where it should be, please private message me and notify me.

-also; this wasn't to all of you, just the people who are disrespectful enough to do something like that. i'm going to try to update each Tuesday for the next few weeks, love you all and thank you for the support xx