Chapter 1

December, 2016

Chris stands in line alone at Starbucks. MIW was on a break for the holidays and would be back on the road in February. It was good to Chris to be home though and take care of some personal things that couldn't be focused on while on tour. Now, Chris was waiting for a certain special someone...

As if one cue, a pair of hands suddenly go over Chris' eyes.

"Guess who?"

Chris sighs, "Well, I know so many people..." He jokes.

Naomi laughs and removes her hands. Chris laughs too and turns around, smiling.

"Hey, gorgeous."

"Hi." Naomi says, hugging him.

They come apart and Chris looks Naomi up and down

"Oh, you're wearing heels. I was wondering how you were able to reach me." Chris states.

"Like my hands couldn't cover your eyes if I were wearing flats?"

Chris raises an eyebrow at her.

"I'm five foot five! I'm not that short!"

"You're short to me."

"Everyone is short to you!"

Chris laughs, "I've missed you so much."

"It hasn't been that long. We saw each other two months ago."

"I still missed you. We haven't seen each other nearly as much since you stopped working as a merch person."

"I know, I know, but I'm here now, aren't I?"

The two of them step up and order their coffee, then step aside.

"So, what's new in the life of Chris?" Naomi asks.

"Well, I may be moving."

"Really? Why?"

"Well, my house-sitter-slash-kinda-roommate moved in with his girlfriend in New York. I mean, I can afford the place I live in on my own, but if I'm gonna live in a place that big, I'd at the very least like someone who can housesit while I'm on tour, and if not, just move to a smaller place."

Naomi gives a small, sideways smile, "Interesting."

They get their coffee once it's ready, then Naomi looks at her cup.

"My God, look at this atrocity. Not once in my entire Starbucking experience has a barista spelled my name correctly."

"Starbucking?"

"Shut up."

"Well, you have a complicated name."

"I do not! It's five letters! It's just as many letters as your name."