Chapter 8

The next morning.

Naomi sat on her knees on the bathroom floor in sweats with her hair in her hand, puking her guts out in the toilet. Chris walks in and leans against the door frame, crossing his arms.

"Ah, there's my beautiful wife." Chris says, sarcastically.

"Shut up!" Naomi croaks.

"Anything I can get you?"

"What, are you stupid? Get me a fucking Sprite and some pain killers! My head is killing me."

"Damn. You're mean when you're hungover."

"That's because I feel like ass."

"Hey, I told you to stop after three shots, but did you listen to me? No."

"Go to Hell!"

"You look like Hell."

Naomi flips Chris off, then starts throwing up again.

Chris then sighs, feeling bad. He gets down next to Naomi and holds her hair with one hand, rubbing her back with the other. Naomi then flushes the toilet and catches her breath.

"You okay?" Chris asks.

Naomi nods, "Yeah." She exhales.

Chris nods in return and releases her hair, "I'll get you that Sprite."

x

Chris returns from another band and management meeting later that day. Naomi lay on the couch. She looks up at Chris.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"How was it?"

"Fine. How's the hangover?"

"How does it look?"

"Not well."

"What a coincidence, because I am not well."

Naomi then sits up, "Hey, listen...you and I are pretty close, right?"

"I'm close enough to you to pretend to be married to you, so..."

Naomi rolls her eyes, "Come on, be serious. I wanna talk to you."

Chris nods, "What's up?"

"Well, I was thinking...in the time that it's gonna take for Tony to get off my tail and then report him and then get him and all of his spies put away...we could end up being fake-married for a while."

Chris sighs and sits down next to her, "Yeah..."

"So...you're pretty open-minded, right?"

Chris snorts, "Nope. I'm the most close-minded person you'll ever meet. I am the king of everything and all that I say and think is right and no one will tell me otherwise." He jokes.

"Chris."

Chris chuckles, "Just tell me what's on your mind, honey."

"Well...Do you think it's possible that with all of you and I pretending to have feelings for each other and the physical attraction we have to pretend to have...do you think it's possible that we could end up...developing real feelings for each other?"

Chris' heart dips; he raises his eyebrows, growing hopeful, "Have you?"

"No! No no no, I...No. No, I'm just saying..."

"Yeah, I-I get what you're saying...I won't deny that it's certainly...a possibility."

"So, if you had feelings for me, would you tell me?"