Chapter 2

Guys I published two chapter today so make sure to read chapter 3 after this as well. Oh and also read the author's note. Thank you.
.........................

Thirty-six dresses, twenty-one shoes, many different hairstyles and finally God knows how many hours later Cecelia stood staring at herself in front of her tall mirror.

Her shiny black hair was gathered on top of her head and held in place by diamond pins that made her hair look like a sparkling tiara. Curly, ink-black eyelashes feathered her beautiful sapphire blue eyes. She was elegantly dressed in a long silk black coloured dress, with a shimmering silver scarf draped over her shoulders.

She felt like a princess. Well in a way she was because she certainly had all those luxuries that a princess should have, such as;

beautiful expensive dresses: check

maids on her beck and call: check

living in a house which is no less than a castle: check

All I need now is an actual tiara on my head she thought and chuckled softly to herself.

"What are you laughing about, may I ask?" Sophia nudged her softly.

"Nothing." Cecelia shook her head but the small smile didn't leave her face as she smoothed out her dress and faced a small, plump maid who looked like a well-padded cushion.

"Are you new?" Cecelia smiled softly at her.

"Yes... I, um... I am. I actually just started working here. My grandson, he actually hasn't been well for the past few months and it's actually only me and my daughter. So we needed money that's why..." abruptly the maid stopped, her eye wide with horror as she realised her mistake. She was speaking out of her own accord when she wasn't told to do so.

Giving her a confused look Cecelia asked,

"Why did you stop?"

"Because we are not allowed to and if she had spoken like that in front of Lord Clarendon, he wouldn't have reacted like you. He would have punished her, and would have thrown her out like a ragged doll." Sophia spoke up as the maid stared at her in pure horror.

"No he wouldn't have done anything as such. He would have helped her. I know him. Why do you always make him sound like a monster?" Cecelia scowled at her.

"Maybe he is, because maybe you don't know him well enough." Was her friend's reply with a matching scowl.

Rolling her eyes to heaven, Cecelia sucked air through her teeth and replied in an annoyed tone,

"Please not with that nonsense again. I don't want another argument."

Turning her face back towards the maid Cecilia asked,

"How old is your grandson?"

"He is only five milady." Was her timid response.

Without giving it a second thought Cecilia turned towards her bedside table, bent down on her knees, opened the drawer and took out a rectangular brown box decorated with a gold coloured dragon designed across it. She opened the box and took out a small red pouch as Sophia and her maid studied her actions.

Cecelia walked back towards the maid and pushed her hand out which contained the pouch. Realization dawned upon Sophia making her smile proudly at her friend as the maid stared at Sophia with bewilderment, not moving a muscle.

"Take this and get your grandson treated. Get all the medicine he requires. Do not worry about the money and if you need more come back to me. Do not hesitate to ask again. Ok?" Cecilia pushed the pouch into the maid's hand and slowly took a step back.