I'll Thank Her Later

I just sat there and watched them talk to each other. What am I suppose to do?

I don't know this guy. I mean he looks sweet and everyone Cassie, I mean every guy she has been associated with seems nice. And I do need to get out more. Maybe a guy friend will be good for me.

"Emily!" I looked up to see Cassie waving for me to come to her.

Letting out the breath I didn't realize I was holding in, I stood up for my chair and walked over to them.

"Mason, this is Emily. Emily this is Mason."

Looking up from my feet, I could finally see every feature of this beautiful boy. And if I may say, fucking wow!

"Nice to meet you."

Breaking out of my thoughts, Mason was holding his hand out to me. I took his hand in mine and shook it, smiling back at him.

"So Mason, Emily currently doesn't have a boyfriend and you currently don't have a girlfriend."

"Cassandra!" I squeal as I hit her arm.

I felt my cheeks go red and looking at Mason to see his the same shade as mine.

"I get off in 5 minutes. You guys want to hang out?" He asked, trying to break the awkwardness.

I noticed Cassie look at me waiting for me to respond.

"I don't know Cass. I didn't tell Miss Styles where..."

"We would love too. We'll wait over here for you."

She grabbed my arm and pulled me back to the table we previous sat at.

"When a hot guy like Mason asks you to hang, you don't say no." Cassandra demanded at me.

"But Cassie..."

"No but's Em. We will hang out with him and I'll have you home by five. Ok?"

Looking down at my phone I saw that it was only 3:00. This was going to be the longest three hours of my life.

"Ready?" Mason asked as he walked over to us, sipping his jacket up.

~~

After leaving Starbucks, Cassie and I followed Mason in her car to a local diner. I have never been here before and once I walked inside and they sat us at a booth it didn't seem that bad. It kind of had a home feeling to it. I sat next to Cassie and across from Mason. If I sit next to him, my hormones may get the best of me.

Looking down at the menu I read the front cover. AJ's Diner. Hmm not that bad of a place I guess.

Opening it, I scanned all the foods. They had three pages full of all different types of delicious things.

Thank God I'm not allergic to anything cause I love food!!

"EMILY!"

Hearing my name being called, my head shot up.

"What?" I responded kind of annoyed because I like being in my own world and focusing on my thoughts.

"Mason asked you a question."

Breaking away from Cassandra I looked over at Mason and smile softly.

Emily! The nicer you are to him the faster and smoother this encounter may go.

"Sorry Mason."

Hmm this boy is pretty hot. He's got ocean blue eyes, fit body, perfect smile. I could get use to seeing his everyday.

But even if he was to like me, which will never happen because he would NEVER like a girl like me. Having Harry like me was just out of the blue. Having Mason like me is out of this galaxy.