Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

Chapter Seven: Female Friends

When we finally reached our hotel, we went to the check-in right away.

Tobias signed the necessary papers as I looked around. The hotel had a fun tropical theme that seemed to straddle the concepts of minimalism and exoticness. The ceilings were high and the marble was polished and the furniture was simple and elegant, but the plants around them made it seem like a forest grew into the hotel. It was beautiful.

We were led with our luggage into the elevator with a man who looked like he could be a teenager.

"Wait, why are both keys to the same room?" Tobias asked when we were in the elevator.

"You only reserved one room, sir."

Tobias sighed. I knew what he was thinking: His mother was trying to stick us together.

"Can we add a reservation?" Tobias asked.

"I'm sorry, sir. We are fully booked."

"Please?" I asked, feeling desperate.

"I'm sorry Madame. I'm afraid this is out of my hands."

"Can we at least get a sofa bed?"

The concierge glanced down at some papers in his hands. "I'm afraid we are under strict orders not to deliver a sofa bed or even a sofa to your room. It says to have one bed and uncushioned chairs."

"Oh, Madaline, you devious woman..." I sighed.

"Please. We'll take any room. Talia here doesn't mind sleeping on anything," Tobias said.

"I have an extra room in my apartment." The concierge smiled at me.

"Great," Tobias said.

I smacked his arm. Hard. "Are you serious?"

"What?"

"Are you actually going to let me go stay with a stranger who could be a murderer for all we know?"

"At least that'll get you off my hands," he responded nonchalantly.

"Ah, I'm right here," the concierge reminded us.

I ignored him.

"You're a real asshole, you know that?" I stomped out of the elevator when the door opened.

I beat them both to the room, so I went in quickly and slammed it in Tobias's face.

"Ma'am... I have your luggage out here," the concierge said.

"Leave it outside. I'll get it in a minute." I locked the door and made sure the chain was in place so that Tobias couldn't get in.

I went to take a happy shower, taking my time, knowing Tobias would be stuck outside with no shower, no bed, and no room.

I wrapped a towel around myself and went to get changed, so I quickly opened the door and grabbed my luggage, a bit disappointed when I didn't find Tobias sitting there depressed.

He was probably at the bar picking up some gorgeous girl. Whatever. He didn't have a room.

I picked out some of my new underwear and put them on, then went over to the bed to get some rest and some romance movies.

"Do you ever wear clothes?"

I screamed so loud my throat hurt, grabbing a rug off the ground to cover myself up.

How the hell had he gotten in? How did this man manage to get through every locked door?

"How long have you been here?" I yelled.