Sleep tight(1/2) (Castiel/Deaf!Reader)

Castiel/Deaf!Reader Fanfiction
Y/n = your name
M/n = mother's name

Castiel still kept on talking, not realizing that you had drifted off in to sleep. It was only when he heard your light snore that he shut his mouth. He chuckled softly, bent over your petite form, and placed a light kiss on your forehead. Your face slightly twitched when his lips met skin, and a smile danced on your lips. A sigh escaped your mouth, as he got up from your side.

As he exited the room, even though you couldn't hear him, he turned and softly spoke to you.

"I love you, Y/n, and I will protect you as long as I am alive."

You tossed on the couch in response to him and he left, but inside your head a memory surfaced, making the once dream turn into a nightmare.

You were sitting in your family's old van. Your blonde haired sister sat in the seat next to you, her legs crossed and texting away on her inky touchscreen phone. Your mom sat in the drivers seat, tapping her foot impatiently at the red light, while your burly stepfather sat asleep in the passenger's seat, snoring loudly.

'Hey, guess who I have class with?' You asked, fidgeting in the stiff seat, staring up at your mother.

'Hmm.' she replied keeping her gaze on the pulsing ruby light.

"Shadow Wolf." You replied, your voice going up a pitch in excitement.

"Hmm" She replied, getting out her phone.

"I ate a rat the other day." You lied, waiting for your mother to react.

"Hmm." She replied again, texting someone.

"I killed a person!" You bellowed, waiting for a reaction from her mother.

"Hmm." She replied once more, taking off at the green light.

A car horn blared as the van cruised into the other lane, heading straight into a gigantic semi-truck.

"MOM WATCH OUT!" You screamed gripping the dirtied armrests.

(M/n) gazed up from her phone and seeing the oncoming truck, she jerked the wheel to swerve, but it hit with full force.

You felt the impact, the shudder of the car and the ear-splitting screech of metal bending around metal.

The car began to flip, throwing you against the taut seatbelt, as the scream from your mother filled the air. The glass around you shattered, sending dangerous shards raining around you. The car rolled once more, and suddenly you were thrown out of the window. You lie on the grass, the screams from your mother stopped as the car finished rolling. The gray mini-van lie on its side, only being stopped by the dense pine trees that outline the forest's edge. You lifted your head up, but the shooting pain made you drop your head, a whimper escaping your lips.

You couldn't move, it seemed that an elephant had sat on each of your limbs, inhibiting them from moving.
Instead of focusing on the pain from your legs, you redirected your gaze to the crystal sky above, the clouds drifted lazily, as if they didn't know what was going on.

You laughed internally when you recognized a cloud. The fluffy thing looked like a rabbit, one of its ears bent, holding a carrot in its paw. You longed to touch one, feeling the wetness and the mystery of them. Even though you couldn't walk on them, your 7th grade science teacher ruined that dream.

You heard sirens, but they were so far away, they seemed to be going away from you, growing distant.

"No, no, nonono!", You thought, trying to form words "come back!"

"We are coming!" A voice whispered.

But it too was going farther away. You began to panic, the years of hard self-training kicking in.

You struggled, feeling like thousands of nails being hammered into your skull. Your leg moved an inch, then your arm, until you shot straight up, wobbling to your feet.
You began to take agonizing steps closer to the road, crunching glass below your feet sounded miles away.

A truck driver came barreling toward you, gripping your arm tight, digging his nails into your skin.

Fear laced your brain, mixing with pain, as he gazed into your eyes. He said something, but it was just a whisper at your ears.

"You must listen, girl, you are being followed, your mother is possessed and they will find you." He whispered, but his facial features said otherwise.

He placed a hand to an exposed part of your stomach on your right side, where the top of your pelvis stuck out. As skin contact was made, it seemed that thousands of needles were jammed into your flesh.

A scream bubbled up from your mouth and a sudden Hault reached your ears.

"You are special, don't forget it. Never." The trucker said, his eyes flashing a bright silver.

He swiftly kissed your forehead, and it seemed that he jammed something into your skull.

Trust the guns and the angel too
They'll do more than they can go through
One will take some time to get used to
Another one, well he'll get to you
The third one, with wings, he'll try his might
To keep you safe till morning's light

A gunshot rang out and the heavy-set man fell in front of you, taking you down with him. Suddenly men began to talk to you, but you couldn't hear their voices, their lips moved as if they were lip-synching.

They still rambled on, but began to shake you, trying to get a response.

You open your mouth to speak
"I can't hear you."

You didn't hear what you said, but you know what you said.

It was frightening.

You shot straight off the couch, a sob escaping your lips. Curling into a ball in on the carpeted floor, you began to cry, the tears staining your cheeks, making your minimal mascara run.

Castiel was soon there, cradling you as the sobs racked your body. The pain from that day was over whelming, but the pain turned into anger and you suddenly found yourself using Castiel's body as a punching bag.

You gave him throw after throw, but he just sat there and comforted you, not even flinching when you broke open the skin on your knuckles.

You felt the rage dying down and as it turned into a throbbing ache of sadness, you realized your blood staining parts of his white shirt.

"Shhhhh......it's okay. You're gonna be alright." Cas whispered petting you softly.

He said it aloud, even though he knew you couldn't hear him. So instead, he sent it telepathically.

"No it's not." You send to him, a tear running down your cheek.

You felt his chest rumbling in anger as he caught glimpses of the nightmare you just had.

"I will make this right. Do you understand me?" He sent to you, clutching you to his sodden shirt.

"You just need to sleep."

He placed a finger on your forehead, making you drift in to sleep, but this time with no nightmares.

He carefully placed you on the bed, then flew off, going to find a way to heal you.

Is this even close to good? Meh, it works for me! Keep a look out for part 2! Comment if you have any questions or requests! Also, don't forget to click on that star if you enjoyed reading.

Stay happy my peeps!

~LunaMarieWolf