Drowning (Sam/Female!Child!Reader)

Sam/Female!Child!Reader

Sam saves a child reader from drowning in a lake. The reader is a girl and she can't swim, plus the lake is cursed by a evil spirit.

Thank you for sending in the request!

"(Y/n), I don't like this." (Bf/n) called, watching you wade in the murky water.

"Itll be fun!" You replied, giggling as a fish darted between your legs.

"I thought you said you couldn't swim!" She said, removing her shoes and socks.

"I'm not going to swim, dummie. I'm going to wade." You held your hand out, helping your friend stick her feet in the water.

"Ewww... it's all squishy and slimy." She whined, her face twisting in disgust.

You began laughing as she pulled her foot out of the mud, it covered in green algae. She growled at you, pressing her hand on your shoulder to push you away from her. You doubled over in laughter as she missed your arm, falling face-first into the lake. She quickly scrambled out of the water, drenched and covered in mud and slime.

"You deserved that!" You chuckled, watching her madly stop out of the water.

Stepping onto the shore, she twisted around, shoving you backwards, surprising you as you toppled into the lake. She began laughing as you hit your butt in the bottom, sitting in the mud while the dirty water rose to your waist. You looked down at yourself, laughing at your nativity.

Two men began trailing down the hillside, making you point the strangers out to your friend.

"We should head back up to the house and get cleaned up." (Bf/n) said, gathering her shoes and socks.

You went to stand up, but the feeling of fingers brushing against your arm made you pause. (Bf/n) turned around, watching your face pale as the men grew closer.

"(Y/n), what's wrong?" She said, dropping her shoes as a figure rose from the water behind you.

She didn't have enough time to call out before a fleshy hand wrapped itself around your neck, dragging a screaming you into the water.

The men began sprinting as they heard the screaming, getting at the water's edge as you disappeared into the lake.

"Help her! She can't swim!" (Bf/n) screamed, pointing at where you had just been.

Sam threw his gun down, diving into the water as the figure dragged you down to the bottom. You watched as the man swam closer to you, your lungs burning as the air flowed from your open mouth. The water filled your empty lungs, tasting gritty and dirty as it passed over your tongue.

The figure took ahold of your arms and legs, beginning to bury you in mud as you struggled against the thing. You sank into the mud like quicksand, your body quickly disappearing from Sam's view. Sam pulled out a knife, cutting through the figure, it dissipating quickly. He grabbed your limp body, hauling you to the surface as you began to lose consciousness.

The feeling of air being forced into your water-filled lungs made your body contract as you woke. You twisted your head to the side, water pouring from your mouth as your burning eyes opened up. You see Sam peering over you, gathering your limp body up in his arms like you were a doll.

"Hey, you alright?" He asked, pushing a wet strand of (h/c) hair from your face.

You just stared at him, to confused and scared to speak. You coughed, throat burning from the lake water as you continued to awkwardly stare at him.

He stood with you in his arms, carrying you up the hill, as you struggled to find your voice.

"Thank... you." You finaly said, making him crack a smile.

"Finally, you speak. I thought you had gone mute on me." He chuckled, making you grin.

"How? What was that? I don't understand?" You question, looking back at the lake.

"It was a evil spirit. Every 6 years it drags a unlucky child into the lake. Trying to find it's child." He explained, reaching a sleek black car.

"The spirit was looking for it's child?" You question, as Sam places you in the backseat of the car.

Dean sat in the front seat, turning around to face you. Sam closed the door, getting into the front seat as Dean started the car.

"It was the spirit of a drowned man, who had just lost his child to the same lake. He went into the lake, trying to find the body of his dead child, but died there. So, now he drags children into the lake, thinking they are his lost child." Dean explained, pulling out onto the road.

"Where are you taking me?" You ask, gazing out the window.

"To the orphanage." Sam says, making you gasp.

"Wait. My parents?" You whisper, afraid of the answer.

"When you were at the lake, your house caught on fire, while your parents were inside. They weren't able to make it out. I'm sorry." Sam said, turning around to look at you.

Your stomach sunk to the floor, your eyes brimming with tears.

"What happened to (Bf/n)?" You question, your head lowered.

"The girl that was at the lake?" Dean said, you nodding your head in agreement.

"We weren't able to save her. After I dove into the lake, she took off into the water after you. When I took you from the spirit, he grabbed your friend instead. By the time we had gotten you to the surface, she was already gone." Sam explained, turning back around to face the road.

"So, she died instead of me?" You cried, tears raining down your face.

The two of them were both silent as you wailed, curling up into a ball. Sam and Dean exchanged glaces and he pulled the car to the shoulder. They both turned around, while you looked up at both of them, wanting an answer.

"You could travel with us." Dean said, earning a glare from Sam.

"She can't! I won't let her ruin her chance of a normal life, by becoming a Hunter." Sam argued, staring at the shorter man.

"Yes. I don't want to go the orphanage." You beg, "Please, don't take me!"

Sam sighs, "Okay, I guess we can take you in."

"Yes!" You and Dean both say, making you both start laughing.

Thank you for requesting this! I hope I did your request some justice, but I had a fun time writing this one. Did you like it?

Okay, I'm going to try something new to try to get some more comments. I'm going to start asking a question to everyone who reads this, so if you want to answer it, go right ahead.

Which character do you hate the most on Supernatural?

Vote, comment, request. You know what to do!

Keep staying awesome!

~LunaMarieWolf