Moving

Lucky's P.O.V.

"Mother, did i really have to move, I mean I could have stayed with a friend?" I say as I'm grabbing boxes from the back of the moving truck.

"I already lost your father and I'm not going to lose you too, you're coming with me everywhere." My mother says as she is unlocking the door.

I should probably let you know about my parents and what happened with my father. My father is a truck driver and my mother is a professional cook. When I was born my mother wanted to move to a city that had a better education and a better environment for me to grow up in. Anyways my father got a great offer from his manager, basically he got promoted and he had to drive long distances for long hours. Well my mother didn't want him to but approved of his dream because she knew he would of hers. So he promised he would go to her when he was finished with everything, but one stormy, cloudy night, he was on the job on a slippery high way and he lost control and rolled of the side. It wasn't until two days later someone found his body and the truck and it wasn't until that day my mother found out what had happened, from that day on she can not talk about him without tearing up. How do i know this, you may be asking, well i asked where my dad was one day (big mistake as my mother teared up really bad) and she basically told me everything making sure to leave out the part about how he was found and where. She said i didn't need to know them details, and even up to this day refuses to tell me, I guess its for my own good really, i wouldn't really be able to take it, taking in my bad history with people dying and stuff. My mother had to move again from my first house because she got a promotion here in Queensland.

"Mother after we have finished unpacking, can we please go shopping for my new clothes and shoes, because we both know i basically don't fit into any of my clothes anymore. Could we also get me a new bed, considering mine broke when we tried to put it into the moving truck." I say as I carry the last two boxes from the moving truck inside and dumping them onto the living room floor.

"Okay, okay, you can go shopping for your new clothes and shoes while i go shopping for food and new cutlery and yes we can go get you a new bed and pillows." She answers smiling, taking half of her boxes from the living room to her bedroom. 

Taking half my boxes up stairs, i go to my room and put them on the empty floor. I look around and taking my big room into mind and thought if only my father was here to share this amazing experience. I guess i'll never get to meet him, I only ever saw pictures of him but that's better than nothing, right? An hour went by and my mother and i are in the car going shopping, when we got there, she stopped me from getting out the door.

"I put $2,000 in your account, it is for your clothes and shoes okay, you will come find me when your finished at 2:30 pm at the food court and i will buy us lunch and coffee, okay?" She said smiling at me.

"Deal, I love you mother." I say as i lean over and give her the biggest hug and biggest kiss on the cheek. (Yes, i may be 16 years old but she is my mother and i will always give her kisses on the cheek and give her hugs.)

We got out of the car and went up the elevator. She went to Woolworths and I went to Supre to have a look, i ended up spending $550 there. I ended up in a store named JayJays and also spent around $550 there. Than i went to City Beach and spent my last $900 there. I looked at my watch and saw it was 2:30 already and thought to myself, luckly the food court was right next to City Beach. i go outside to see my mother smiling at me from a coffee shop called Gloria Jeans. I go up to her and we order double strength coffees and go over to Subway to get our food. after we got out coffee and food, we went down to the car and put the food in the boot and all my clothes and shoes into the back seat. we got into out seats and i being the only other person in the car got to hold the Subway and the coffee went into the middle. we got home and i put our Subway and coffee on the dining room table and went back outside to get the food. We put the food away and i put my clothes and shoes next to where my mother and i were sitting so i could show her while we ate. When we finished eating, mom tells me that she got my my new bed and everything and it should be here at 4:31 pm, i look down at my watch and saw it was 4:00 pm, i had 31 minutes to wait until i got my bed and i had to make it. The time was 4:31 pm and right on time the truck pulled up out our house, two men got out and went to the back to put out a massive queen sized bed and took it to my room and placed it where i wanted it, but to my surprise that's not all that got put into my room. Mom explains that not only did she get me a new bed but she also got my a big desk and a rollie chair and a new chested draws. We thanked the men for taking them to my bedroom and parted ways. I go into my bedroom and make my bed with the new sheets and quilt & pillow set mom bought me as well today. and i put all my clothes and shoes on my bed.

*knock, knock*

"Hey sweetie, can i help you with anything? You can show me your new clothes and shoes considering you couldn't before." She asks with a warm smile on her face.

"Sure mother, i would like that." 

I make sure i show her every single dress before hanging them up in the closest and putting the shoes in the bottom off the closest. I then move to showing her my new pants, skirts, tops and jumpers/hoodies before folding them up and putting them in the chested draws. I also showed her my two new snapbacks and she loved them. We ended up ordering pizza for dinner and i got my favorite, seafood pizza. mmmm yumm, i thought to myself as i ate it all up. I thanked mom for dinner and went to my bedroom. The best thing about this house is that my room as its own bathroom. I closed my bedroom door and picked out my purple silk pajamas and laid them on my bed and went for my shower after 3 minutes in the shower i got out and got dressed. I got onto my bed and pulled out my laptop and messaged my best friend Taylah.

Hey babe,

Hey babe, how you settling in?

I miss everyone there!

I know babe we all miss you too.

Yes, well I've gotta go to bed
I have to go to my new school
in the morning.

Ok babe, remember I love you

Night babe, love you to

Night.