Getting to know him

Lucky's POV

It was just after 9:00 in the morning and I already got breakfast and got changed into my running clothes. I'm wearing my black sport pants and my tight purple sports shirt with my black sports bra along with my black sneakers. I put my hair up into a high ponytail and jog downstairs stairs, grab my water bottle, kiss my mom on the cheek and head outside. Because I choose to jog today and not full on running it took me fifteen minutes to run three blocks and that was okay because that lead me to a park. This park had workout equipment so I decided to use it today. I guess I was t the only one that decided to have a jog today because out of the corner of my eye i see Tyler running towards me smiling at me. He was wearing his green sports shirt with his black sports pants and shoes. It didn't take him long before he come over.
"Can I join you?" He asked half smiling, half painting.
I just nod yes and continues to focus on my workout.
"Nice day to have a jog, isn't it Lucky?" He asked while doing push ups.
"You can say that," I say as I turn my head to look at him but he was focused on doing his push ups and I could see he does them all the time, I quickly snap my head and continue to do more sit ups.
"So after this, did you want to go and grab a bite?"
"Sure, whereabouts where you thinking?" I ask, now doing push ups.
"I was thinking maybe subway or sushi? What do you think?"
"What about both?" I smile and this time he saw me smiling so he just smiled back.
"Of course"
It didn't take us long to finish our workout, so we decided to jog to subway. When we got there we split a foot long in half and got two chicken sushi rolls after that, then we went back to the park and sat at one of the picnic tables and started eating.
"So Lucky. Do you jog everyday?" He asks.
"I try to but if I can't then I will just do some push ups and sit ups in the lounge room at my place. What about you?"
"Umm yea I guess so, really didn't start until mid last year." He answers smiling showing of bits of lettuce. I start laughing. "What?" He asked concerned.
"Oh nothing, you just have some lettuce stuck in between your teeth." I say still smiling.
We both than just laugh until we cried.
"So Tyler, does your girlfriend know your here with me? Did you text her?" I ask.
"I don't have a girlfriend actually, I'm waiting for that special girl." He says giving me a wink. I immediately blush and try to cover it up by getting another bite my subway but it was too late he noticed and he just chuckles to himself.
"So your boyfriend must be pretty upset that you moved." He asks me.
"We parted ways before I left because neither one of us are good at long distance relationships but we're still on good terms and that's what is most important." I say smiling and looking down.
"Oh, cool I guess, your right I mean long distance relationships are hard. I've been in one and she cheated on me."
"Oh well I'm about to bombard you with a million questions" I say as I chuckle. "Favourite colour, favourite movie, favourite superhero, favourite role model, favourite subject, favourite thing to do?" I say while I'm looking at him smiling.
"Okay, green obviously, batman vs superman, batman, my father, sport, and.." He pauses for a second which makes me worry. "My favourite thing to do would have to be playing football." He says, "What about you?"
"Okay well umm, purple, goosebumps, batman as well, my mother, art or sport and drawing, writing or jogging and working out." I answer him.
"Oh cool. Well it's getting a bit late do want me to jog with you back to your place?" He asks me.
I didn't pay attention to the time so when I checked it came out as a shock and Tyler could see that to and he just chuckles. "Umm, if you'd like."
He decided he would jog with me until I got home safe and sound. He asked if he could get a hug and I gave him one and he didn't go until I was inside. That afternoon was pretty much, I went for a shower put on fresh clothes so I didn't smell like sweat and watched goosebumps while eating sushi my mother made before she went for her night shift at work. I watched it all and ended up falling asleep on the couch. I want asleep for long until I heard my mothers car pull up in the driveway. I went to the front door and unlocked it for her and let her in. She didn't question why I was still awake she just thanked me and we went to bed. I quickly got changed into my green silk pyjamas and put my hair up in a messy updo and I soon fell fast asleep again.