Chapter 2

There were eight cabins. Four on each side. One side for the girls. The other for the boys. In total there were sixteen of us. Eight girls and eight boys. Wow! One way to get a boyfriend. Not! I don't dream of doing that for a while. Just me and my besties. Me and Annabeth were placed in the same cabin.
Inside it had two beds either side with a trunk at the end. Also two little bathrooms. It had two desks and tables in it as well. I picked the bed on the left and Annabeth got the one on the right. "You gonna go for a swim? I think I will with some of the other girls." I asked her while unpacking a little bit of my stuff. I wasn't planning to stay there for long. Something wasn't quite right about the camp. And I feel like I have seen the head of the camp before. I just couldn't remember. "I think I will." She answered as she went into one of the bathrooms. We got changed as fast as we could, met up with two of the other girls and went to the pool with Mr C. I didn't get why he had to come with us. So what! We headed to the pool as quickly as we could with Will and Cornelia. The swimming pool was indoors and heated! Will jumped straight in as soon as we got there. Me and her have been friends since year 1. We met Cornelia in fifth grade and Annabeth two days ago. Will has lived in the orphanage around the corner from my house since she was five. Cornelia has lived there since fifth grade. Annabeth said she lives with her dad from time to time but she stays at a camp in the summer holidays.
I guess as long as I am here, I should just entertain myself. Cornelia sat on a deck chair with sunglasses on and Mr C opened his magazine. I placed my towel on a chair and walked over to the steps. As soon as my feet touched the water, I felt nice and warm and calm.  "Come on lazy bones just jump right in!" The same old impatient Will. "Ok I will. I feel ready now." I say climbing out of the pool and jumping in. Making a huge splash!

I push off the bottom and shoot back to the surface. "Come on Cornelia! The waters lovely." I was telling the truth. The water felt so nice. I think I could live in the water if I could. "Sorry but I'm busy reading about the new fashion." She smiled like she was in LA. "But I could have a little break from the gossip about one direction." Cornelia said like a princess. She dived into the pool. Annabeth finally came out of the bathroom and jumped straight into the pool. We talked and chatted until finally Cornelia got out. "How about we have a underwater swimming competition. You have to take one breath and see how far you can go." Annabeth said before taking a breath and going about a quarter of the pool. Me and Will shared a little smile knowing that I can hold my breath for a really long time. About six minutes. I haven't tried any longer. Just to be safe." I'll go." Will says taking a deep breath and going under. She came back up a bit after Annabeth.
"Come on Bloom!" Annabeth calls me to go. A take a little look at everyone and begin my swim. The water feels like it's helping me along. Just made over half way but I feel like I can still continue. Finally I make it to the end. I have no idea how I did it. I just did. I pull myself out of the pool to take a breath. I turn around to see everyone staring at me in shock.