Chapter 1

A stir in the young silver haired boy's deep slumber makes him groan. He turns away without bothering to open his eyes. Curling up even further into his sheets, trying to fall back into the webs of sleep.

Another stir, but more insistent this time. He opens his eyes to reveal a lilac-gray color. The blur of sleep leaving his eyes as he wakes up fully.

The young boy frowns, and rubs at his eyes as he sits up on his soft bed. His light blue-green pajama slightly being tugged insistently like before.

"Zero! Wake up!" He opens his eyes to meet the face identical to his only this one has a bright smile on his.

"Ichiru? What are you doing awake so early? Are you okay?" He questions becoming worried since his younger brother tends to get sick a lot. He lightly laughs, and nods his head.

"I'm okay. I was just bored, and wanted Zero to wake up too." He says jumping up on Zero's bed to hug his big brother.

"It's still really early." Zero mentions looking out of his curtained window. No real light reflects from under it or through it just yet.

"I know. Sorry. I should have let you sleep." Ichiru says letting his hold slip on Zero, who puts his hand on top of Ichiru's.

"It's not a bad thing. Don't worry. Why are you awake so early though? Did you have a nightmare?" He questions concerned. Ichiru shakes his head.

"I woke up coughing-"

"What?! Did you tell Okaasan?!" Zero quickly perks up, and looks over his brother. Ichiru frowns, and puts his hands over Zero's mouth.

"I'm okay now. Don't worry so much about me. See?" He jumps off Zero's bed, and that is when he notices that Ichiru is fully clothed in winter clothing.

"Ichiru? Why are you dressed like that?" He questions the smiling boy.

"I wanted to go outside with Zero." He says going into Zero's drawers to find him some clothes.

"Ichiru, you know you shouldn't be outside in this cold weather." Zero says in a scolding manner. Ichiru pouts as he holds Zero's chosen clothing.

"Anyway. Otousan and Okaasan are still asleep. Please, Zero? Lets go outside! We can be a little rebellious and have fun!" He insists showing him his clothing. Zero looks at his little brother's pleading eyes. He sighs, and takes the clothes.

"Okay, but you'd better make sure to wear a lot of warm clothes." Ichiru sighs at Zero's over protective nature, but nods his head.

"Okay." He smiles before shuffling quietly out of Zero's room to get his coat and other winter supplies for him.

                                   ~0~

Her long brown hair blows back as the cold snow hits her already numb cheeks. Her lips are tinted blue, but not as much as they should be considering she's come a long way with only a white, sleeveless dress, and the fact that she is barefoot as well.

Her small feet are showing signs of frostbite, but the movement keeps it from fully setting in.

Her teeth chatter the further the temperature drops. Her feet sink into a deep part of the snow, and she falls forward. Getting her eyelashes dirty with snow dust. She rubs it out of her eyes, but that causes her brown eyes to water.

She winces when she digs her fingers into the sharp snow. Or rather her tiny fingers are just numbing up, and the snow feels like needles pricking each of them.

Yet the young girl manages to rise. She grabs her long hair, and uses it as a cloak for some warmth on her bare arms.

"Zero! Come on! Walk faster!" The little girl stops at the sound of a young boy's voice.