Chapter 5

"Kids! Oh are you three okay?! Toga called us and told us everything!" Amaya runs over to the trio as they walk out of the clinic. She hugs them, but is startled when Zero winces. It startles Alondra and Ichiru and they look to Zero in concern. "Zero?! I'm sorry! Is this where it hurts?" She questions her oldest son, pulling down his shirt a bit to see the gauze on his shoulder.

"Yeah, but I'll be okay. I just need it cleaned out often. They decided not to give me stitches." Amaya looks over his wound. Ryota finally comes over to his family when he finds parking. They all dote over their injured son and also checking on Alondra and Ichiru. The kids all work on calming down the adults so they can go home.

"Where's Yagari?" Ryota questions as he looks back to the clinic, not seeing him exit after the kids.

"He's staying behind to deal with Kaito. He told us to go home." Zero explains to them. The parents relent and walk back to their vehicle with the children. They don't want to keep Zero out too long and risk him getting injured further. 

Alondra sits in between the twins, looking from side to side to catch a glimpse of them. They're both looking out of their respective windows. She puts her hands on her lap and looks ahead, staring at the profile of the Kiryu parents.

"Vampire hunters... the strongest vampire hunters... When were they going to tell me?" Alondra clenches her hands, bunching her shirt in the process. She lets her hair fall over her face again, keeping her from showing the twins her feelings.

"Alondra? Are you okay?" Ichiru jumps as he hears Zero speak. He looks back as he looks at Alondra in concern, pushing her hair back away from her face. Both parents look back through the rearview mirror as well. "Are you still thinking about what Kaito said?" He asks her some more, but she shakes her head. She smiles and sits back on her sit.

"No, I'm just feeling sleepy. It's been a long day." She continues to smile and lets the topic drop. The twins look at the young girl, they know her well enough to know that she's lying. For now they let it drop, they don't want to worry their parents any more than they already have.

"Well, I wouldn't surprised that this event tired all of you out. We'll go straight home so you kids can take a nap. Make sure to keep an eye on your shoulder, Zero." Amaya finally speaks up, turning back to look at the children. He nods his head and casts a glance at his throbbing shoulder. It doesn't hurt at the moment, but it throbs with any slight twitch of his body. "Don't worry, we'll make sure that heals quickly." Amaya assures her son once more. He gives her a small smile and softly thanks her.

The family drives in silence the rest of the way, making their way back to their newest home. During the time that they adopted Alondra, they had moved another four times within the last five years. So the kids haven't known a home they could really settle in. Their jobs just make it far too dangerous to stay in one place, especially with three young children. Not only that, but they also have a pureblood princess with them. That is something that could draw unsavory people who want to manipulate and use the young girl for darker purposes.

"Alright, we're home now." Ryota speaks up as he parks the car. The kids climb out of the car and follow Amaya to the front door. She unlocks it and lets them in. She motions Zero to follow her so that she could treat his injury and see how much care he'll need.

Alondra and Ichiru remain by the door. He takes her hand, making her finally meet his eyes. Her eyes look sadly at him as she squeezes his hand in hers. Ryota comes in behind them, putting his hands to their heads. They look up at him and hug him.

"Okay, tell me what happened? Why did Kaito hurt Zero like that?" Alondra and Ichiru look at each other. Ichiru nods his head to encourage Alondra to tell him the truth, but she knows that they could forbid her from going again with Yagari and the boys if they know the truth. She mouths an apology to Ichiru before looking up at Ryota.