Chapter 10

This scene is from the manga with changes to make this my own and this is the last chapter! The sequel is called "The Kiryu's Pureblood Lover" (If you are reading on the date of this being re-published, the sequel is being edited.)

_________________________________________

"Bye! Bye, Sensei!" Alondra says as she and Zero see him off. He waves his hand without turning back, going over the hill. Alondra looks up at Zero and then jumps as Ichiru surprises them both with a hug.

"ZERO! ALONDRA!" He yells out happily to his big brother and his adopted pureblood sister.

"You have a fever. You should go back in and lie down! Ichiru." Zero says worredly as he pushes him away gently to rest his hands on Ichiru's shoulders. Alondra nods her head in agreement. A neutral look flashes across his eyes before he closes them and presses his forehead against Zero's, also holding Alondra in between them both. She looks up at them, confused.

"The fever was a lie, You should know that." He says to him. 

"You didn't want to come to Sensei's sendoff?" Zero questions him. 

"Because I am, at best, a bothersome student." Ichiru says, putting himself down. He wraps his arms around Zero's neck and rests his forehead on his shoulder. "It's all right, I only need Zero and Alondra to like me." He says to them. Alondra wraps her arms around his waist and nods her head. She tenses up as she feels something wrong. Something that sends fear through her.

"Snow?" Ichiru questions, looking up. 

"Wrong, Ichiru." Zero says, also turning to look behind him. "It's the warped blooming of cherry blossoms." Zero says as they see a tall woman with long, snow-white hair and eyes that are an unusual shade of pink, similar to the color of cherry blossoms. She wears a kimono. She also wears a thin ribbon around her waist with a bell attached to it. She is also barefoot. She looks at them with tears running down her face. She almost blends into the snow around them.

"What a beautiful person." Ichiru says, watching her. He is captivated by the beautiful woman in the tree. Like a snow fairy.

"Let's hurry back, Ichiru. I'm sure Okaasan and Otousan are looking for us." Zero says, taking Ichiru's and Alondra's hands. He feels her shaking as she keeps looking back at the woman, who also looks back at her.

They lose sight of her, but Alondra still isn't calm. She's fearful that the pureblood woman could tell she was a pureblood too, and she was with hunters. They stop, and Alondra looks back at the twins.

"What's wrong, Zero?" Ichiru questions him. 

"That's a vampire." He tells him. He looks at him surprised, and the pang of secret jealousy strikes yet again. 

"Oh, I couldn't tell." He says, making the jealousy obvious in his voice as well as the disappointment. Ichiru feels a little bad and hugs Zero again.

"Ichiru?" Zero questions him. 

"Zero is really strong. Whatever I lack, Zero can always do." He says, voicing out his jealousy in a happy tone. 

"Ichiru." He says, not sure how to take that. Alondra silently whimpers but doesn't say anything to Ichiru's negativity.

Later:

"Ichiru, you have a fever because you were walking around in the cold today." Zero says, putting a hand to Ichiru's flushed cheek.

"So, you are hiding in Zero's bed after all. Are you okay, Ichiru?" Their mother questions opening the door. 

"Okaasan, he's got a fever. I'm going to get an ice pillow for him." Zero says, sitting up. Ichiru grabs the sleeve of his pajama.