Chapter 4

5 years later:

"Hm, How am I going to get out of this?" A young brunette questions as she lies in her soft bed. She looks to the sides to look at two identical faces, fast asleep, but holding her tightly. She looks at the yellow sleeve of one and the blue green sleeve of the other one. She squirms around, and gently tries to slide down. Her night gown slightly sliding up.

"Okay, that won't work." She slides back into place, and tries to go the other way. She manages to sit up, and look to find them still peacefully asleep. She smiles triumphantly, and begins to work her way up over the bed.

"Uwa!" She yelps as they slide up, and keep a hold of her. "What?! How long were you two awake?!" She demands of them. They smile, but keep their eyes closed. 

"Longer than you, we were just waiting for you to wake up, Alondra." One of them tells her. 

"Ichiru, you're so mean, you too Zero." Alondra says with a frown. Ichiru pouts, and Zero shrugs.

A knock at the door startles them. "Okaasan!" Alondra jumps out of the bed to hug Amaya Kiryu, mother to Zero and Ichiru Kiryu. She smiles, and hugs the nine year old girl. 

"Good morning, Alondra." She says, and then looks at her actual sons. "Good morning, Ichiru, Zero." She says smiling gently at them. 

"Morning, Okaasan!" Ichiru says brightly.

"I'm glad you boys are awake. It's time to get dressed. Toga Yagari will be here in an hour or so." Amaya tells her sons. 

"I want to go too!" Alondra says suddenly. 

"Eh? Alondra, I don't think that's a very good idea." Amaya says tensing slightly. 

"Why not? Aren't I supposed to be a hunter too?" She questions her. Amaya looks away.

"Okaasan, why can't she go? Yagari-sensei knows about Alondra anyway, and he promised to keep it a secret." Ichiru reminds her. 

"Well, yes, but-" 

"Please, Okaasan? I never get to go out, and I get bored of being locked up. I also hate waiting for Zero and Ichiru to come home. They always come back so tired, and they never get time to talk to me." Alondra says with a pout as she crosses her arms over her chest. Amaya puts a finger to her chin.  Pondering the idea over in her head.

 "Please! I promise I'll stay out of the way! Please, Okaasan?" Alondra pleads with her adoptive mother. Before she answers there is a knock at the door. 

"Oh dear. He's early again." Amaya sighs, and heads downstairs. Alondra grins, and tiptoes behind her. Zero and Ichiru exchange a look before changing into proper clothing.

"Alondra!" Amaya says as the young girl slips past her, and opens the door. 

"Hi, Yagari-sensei!" Alondra greets him. He looks down at the small girl smiling up at him. 

"Oh, hey there shrimp." She pouts as Toga Yagari ruffles her already messy brown hair.

"Sensei!" She complains putting her smaller hands on top of his larger hand. "Sensei! Sensei! I'm going!" Alondra says bouncing up and down. 

"Alondra, please. It's not a good a idea. I don't have work to do so we can spend time together." Amaya suggests as she stands behind her. Alondra groans, not being much of a fan of girl time. She would much rather hang out with the guys, and train.

"Don't you like spending time with me?" Amaya questions her. 

"I do, but I hate doing girly things, Okaasan. I want to train like Zero and Ichiru!" She says to her with a determined look in her eyes. Amaya put a hand to her cheek, her mind and heart conflicting.