Chapter 3

"Okaasan, where are you going?" Zero and Ichiru question their mother as she takes Alondra with her towards the exit of their home. They look a little worried since Alondra is dressed in one of their winter coats to go out. She smiles warmly at the concern in their eyes.

"I'm taking her out to get some clothes. I don't think she'll last long in that little dress. She's going to grow up into a lovely young woman someday." She says, and makes both of her sons blush. She chuckles, and Alondra curiously observes them.

"Okaasan, they red again." Alondra states bluntly. Not really understanding the concept behind blushing. She pets Alondra's head before putting the hood of the jacket over her head. Alondra giggles as it goes over her eyes, blinding her. Amaya chuckles and pushes it back so she can see. "You'll understand soon enough." She says with a motherly smile. She smiles back, and waves at Ichiru and Zero before they head out.

The twins look at each other before looking towards the door. Imagining what the future might hold for them. "Okaasan is right. She is going to be lovely, especially since she's a vampire." Zero says softly. Ichiru smiles. 

"She is lovely already. She's so confused too." Ichiru says with a laugh.

"Although. . .It's a little boring without Alondra-chan here. She made things really fun, don't you think, Zero?" Ichiru questions him. Zero smiles and nods his head. 

"Yeah, what do you think we should do now?" He questions Ichiru. He puts a finger to his chin. 

"What should we do?" Ichiru questions feeling just as blank as his twin.

"Wait, where is Otousan? Are we alone in the house?" Ichiru questions looking around. 

"Ichiru, it's still early. Otousan is probably asleep. He was out late last night." He tells him. He nods his head. 

"It's so strange. Don't vampires usually sleep during the day?" Ichiru questions Zero on the little bit of knowledge he's gained from his parents. Zero nods his head.

"Why does Alondra-chan sleep during the night then?" Ichiru questions him. 

"I don't know." He tells him truthfully. 

"Oh, I guess we'll ask her as soon as she comes back with Okaasan then." Zero nods his head, and he motions for Ichiru to go to the living room with him.

                                                   ~0~

"How about this one, Alondra-chan?" Amaya questions her for the tenth time. She shakes her head and sticks her tongue to make a fart sound. She sighs, and looks through the other dresses.

"What kind of dresses do you want then?" She questions Alondra. Alondra smiles, and takes her hand. "This way, Okaasan." She says pulling the woman along across the shop they were in to the other one.

"An antique shop?" She questions Alondra, who pushes open the door. A bell chimes to alert the store owner of their arrival.

"Hello, how may I help you?" An old woman says from atop of a ladder. Amaya gasps, and goes to help the old woman down. 

"Careful, ma'am." She says in a relieved tone. 

"Oh, thank you young lady." She says as she stands before her. She smiles warmly.

"Okaasan." Alondra says tugging her coat. 

"Oh, that's right. What is it that you want, Alondra-chan?" She questions the smiling girl. 

"Like that!" Alondra says as she points at the well cared for black and red Victorian era dresses for little girls.

"Oh my." She says surprised.