Chapter 2

Alondra looks between the twins, and touches their faces. Ichiru giggles at her curiosity, while Zero feels a bit uncomfortable by this, and yet the touch is very welcome to him.

"What are you doing, Alondra-chan?" Ichiru questions her laughingly. She giggles back.

"Same face!" She says to them. A bright smile covers her face as she tries to find differences in their faces. The only thing different is their expressions. She is amazed, this is the first time she has seen identical twins. Ichiru tilts his head to the side.

"Actually it's called twins." Zero tells her. Now she tilts her head to the side.

"Twins?" She puts a finger to her chin. "Twins. Twins!" She cheers like as if she came to an amazing discovery, and then pounces on both boys, hugging them tightly. Or at least as far as her little arms will let her.

The trio starts to laugh, and they gently push the girl down to tickle her. They lie on the ground laughing until their abdomens start to hurt.  They catch their breaths and lie there. Looking up at the ceiling.

The twins reach for each of Alondra's hands. She smiles to herself, and holds their larger hands back. She closes her eyes slowly. Feeling safe and warm after being out in the cold for so long. Fatigue sets in now that she has calmed down.

Ichiru and Zero sit up when they hear her breathing become softer. "Alondra?" They whisper, but she doesn't respond. She has fallen asleep. Zero and Ichiru smile at her, and then at each other.

"Zero, is it mean if I say that I don't want Okaasan and Otousan to find her family?" Ichiru questions looking back at her sleeping face. Lightly poking the tiny mole on her upper left lip. It makes her frown and wiggle her nose. 

"Would it be mean if I said I wanted that too?" Zero answers him with another question. The twins look sadly at each other. They feel a bit guilty as they voice out their selfish desire. They're not really sure what brought up this wish, but they don't care. It feels right to keep the little pureblood by their side.

"Come on, Ichiru. Lets take her to your room. She's had a long night by the look of it." Ichiru nods his head, and stands up after Zero picks up the sleeping pureblood in his arms.

"Wow, her hair is so long. It's really pretty. I think I like long hair, Zero. Do you?" Ichiru questions him. Zero looks over at him with a smirk.

"Ichiru, you sound like you're in love with her." Ichiru blushes brightly, and shakes his head at the teasing tone of his older brother.

"No! I-I-I-Her. . ." Ichiru is at a loss for words as Zero chuckles at Ichiru's squirming.

"It's okay. I won't tell her." He assures him as he lies her on Ichiru's bed. He watches her closely, and looks over at Ichiru, who watches her with a smile. He fixes her hair, so she won't wake up with tangles in her hair.

"Although, I think I might like her too." Zero thinks to himself. A pang in his chest makes him look over at his younger brother with slight guilt. He makes up his mind though and doesn't want to hurt Ichiru. "I can't do that to Ichiru, though. If he loves her I'll have to stay away." He thinks to himself again. Thinking of his brother before him. He doesn't want to keep taking away everything from his brother.

A tap at the door makes them look away from the sleeping pureblood.

"Okaasan!" Ichiru runs to her, and looks at her sadly. "You didn't find her family, right?" Ichiru questions her. She looks at him surprised, and goes down to his level.

"Ichiru? What are you saying?" She questions him. His lower lip quivers.

"I don't want her to go, Okaasan. Can't she stay? I promise I'll take good care of her!" She smiles sadly, and ruffles his hair.