Chapter 9

As she charged, no one could see her, she was a blur. A black blur. It reminded Raven of her magic, whenever she pushed it out of herself. Attacking her enemies. But, this time, it seemed that she was going to be hit by this black blur.

That is until a green blur jumped in front of her. 

Right in Raven's face, was Beast Boy's face, who seemed to be in a lot of pain, but he was weakly smiling. Her punch must've knocked the wind out of him. Raven breathed heavily, and she stared into his green eyes, "Garfield?"

"Hi, sorry for b-being mad. I-I forgive you..." He whispered as he slumped down, in extreme pain. He was knocked out.

"Gar!" Raven shouted as she got on her elbows and looked at his form on the ground, blood was starting to come out of his mouth in little streams of red. Raven looked up at the girl, furious now. "How dare you!"

"That was meant for you. But now you now what I can do with my fists alone, guess it's time to shift gears." 

Kyd tackled Sonya on the ground, making her lose focus on Raven. Robin and Cyborg charged in after, while Starfire ran over to the fallen Beast Boy and pulled him away from the crossfire. Laying him down beside the still passed out Jonas. After that, she ran in to fight her.

Wilma ran up to Raven side with the surprisingly not crying Emiko in her arms, "Princess, we must get you out of here."

"No, I have to-"

"Rachel, the baby." 

Raven looked at her daughter, and then back to her husband and her friends. She looked at the knocked out Beast Boy, and then back to the girl. She wanted to protect them all. She had to protect them. They were her family. With them, she could call anywhere home. Without them, she had no purpose to live in this miserable world. Raven sighed, she was still exhausted and she couldn't bear to stand. Her legs would give out on her without a doubt.

"Wilma, I can't get up. Even if I wanted to, please, keep her safe. Please." Raven pleaded, a single tear falling from her eye.

Wilma looked down at the ground, and then to the tiny girl in her arms. Her pale skin, her little tufts of dark blue hair, her long eyelashes, "Okay, I'll go with the baby and hide, don't worry about us." And with the Wilma rushed out of the other entrance that led to other room. Raven looked down momentarily, and then turned to the others. They seemed to have it all under control. Raven laid down, she was feeling really weak at the moment. She looked at the door in which Wilma had escaped with Emiko, and felt desperation fill her. 

~~~~

"Wilma, where's mommy?" a six year old Raven asked as Wilma smoothed her hair.

Wilma smiled gently, "She's busy at the moment, sweetie. Don't worry, she loves you."

"I've never seen her. How does she look?" 

"She looks just like you, but with darker skin and blue eyes."

Raven looked at herself in the mirror, her white thin nightgown covering her entire body, her long purple hair being brushed and braided, her purple eyes stared back at her. She looked different from everyone, no one had her looks here in Azarath. But for some reason everyone adored her. "When will I get to meet her?"

Wilma was silent for a moment, she didn't have an answer for her. "Soon, I promise..."

Soon became nine years. And when Raven did see her mother, it was only for her to be sent away. And face her destiny alone...

~~~~

Raven felt her eyes getting heavier, she was tired. Her arms, her legs, every inch of her body felt weak. She needed rest, even if it was just for a few minutes. But she knew she couldn't, she had to stay awake.