Chapter 10

Arella and Slade came bursting through the doors. A real servant had come to them and informed them of what was occurring in the room. They came to the scene of a Kyd over Raven's body, she appeared lifeless.

"Rachel?" Arella shouted as she came forward and climbed onto the bed and she placed Raven's head on her lap. She looked over to Kyd who had his head buried in Raven's stomach. "What happened?"

"This one. She stabbed Raven." Robin told her as he moved out of the way, revealing the tied up Sonya. 

"Kevyn, the baby..." Arella trailed off, she wasn't exactly aware that Raven had already gone through her labor. Slade hadn't had time to tell her when they regrouped.

"Emiko's fine. Wilma took her." Kyd said softly, he still had his wide. He felt responsible and guilty for what had happened to her. He wasn't able to protect the woman he loved, he was an incompetent fool. Even Beast Boy did a better job at it than he had. Maybe it would've been better if her had let her live out her days by the green changeling. None of this would've happened if she was still a Titan. He was wishing that he could turn back time and stop himself from coming to Azarath. To stop himself from causing harm to loved one.

He wasn't worthy of her love.

He knew it, but he still yearned for it. Her love was the only thing keeping him alive. Knowing that she would be next him whenever he woke up, made him have a sense and purpose in life. He wanted her to love him no matter what. But he knew that he wasn't enough for her. She deserved better. She deserved to live a life with Beast Boy.

"D-Don't th-think like t-that..." Raven's voice said. Her eyes were still closed, but her lips were still moving. "Don't e-ever s-sa-say that. You idiot."

Kyd looked at her. Had she heard his thoughts? There was no way that was possible. Or was she just guessing what he was thinking by his emotions. The latter seemed more plausible, but he wasn't exactly aware of all her powers. He had never thought about asking her.

"Rachel. Sweetie. C'mon, wake up." Arella said as she softly caressed her daughter's cheek. Soothing her sleeping form.

"I'm fine." Raven said. She was slowly fluttering her eyes open. It took a minute for her to fully open her eyes and get adjusted to the light in the room. Slade dimmed the lights enough for Raven to adjust more quickly but also enough to be able to see about the room.

Arella stood up after she made sure her daughter was fine. She marched over to Sonya and lunged at her.

"You nearly killed my daughter!" Arella shouted as she pounded on the girl.

Robin wrapped his arms around Arella's waist and pulled her off, but he wasn't enough and Starfire had to drag Sonya out of the way. Once they were fully away from each other, Arella broke Robin's lock on her and furiously returned to her daughter's side. "I'm sorry that I wasn't able to protect you."

"I-It's fine. Not like I'm dead or anything." Raven coughed after her witty remark.

"Stop being such a sarcastic little twat."Jonah said from the other side of the room. "You could've been killed, Rach. I'm not sure of what just happened, but I can tell. And if you would've died, I would've killed you."

This caused for a little chuckle to come from Beast Boy and Cyborg, but they instantly stopped when they saw Jonah glare at them. He was being serious...

Raven smiled, "I know. I wouldn't want anyone else but you to end me."

"Rach, I'm not joking. I would revive you just to kill you all over again. And I'll make it hurt."

Raven laughed, she couldn't believe that her little brother was threatening her. He should know better by now.

"Now what should we do with her?" Slade asked.

"Let her go." Raven stated.

"No! She nearly killed you. She'll be executed for trying to harm you," Arella shouted.

"Stop acting like my mother and be a queen. She was just trying to prove her worth to her parents. They cared nothing for her, and she just wanted them to be proud. It's not her fault, Arella." Raven argued. She stared into her mother's blue eyes with desperation.

Arella shut her eyes, and her face scrunched up in anger. All she was trying to do was protect her. Why could Raven accept that?

"I know. I know you're only trying to protect me. But before I was here, I was a Titan, and I fought to save others. I know how to keep myself safe and I don't need you to protect me. I'm not eight. I just need you to be my mother and trust me when I say that you have to let her go." Raven said as if she had read her mother's mind.

Arella's face softened, and she sighed, "Fine. Slade, can you take the girl out of the castle?"

"Of course, dear." Slade said.

Raven scrunched her face up in disgust, "I need to get use to you calling my mom, 'dear'."

Slade rolled his eye and chose not to make a comment and he grabbed Sonya by her arm gently and tugged her up and towards the door.

Sonya stopped at the door and turned to Raven, "Thank you. I'm sorry that I, um, you know. Sorry, my lady."

"It's fine, just get to know yourself better first." Raven smiled gently to her.

Sonya smiled and then chuckled, "I promise I will. Thank you, Princess." 

Slade hauled her out then and dragged her outside to face the king of Gilla.

"Kevyn, could you go find Wilma. Tell her it's safe to come back." Raven asked of him.

He smiled and nodded, "Yes, anything for you, Rach." He kissed her forehead quickly and then left out the door that Wilma had gone through during her escape.

"Okay, so what do we do?" Arella asked her daughter who seemed to be getting everything under control.

"You and Slade need to go out there and force Gilla back. We also need to make a treaty with them."

"With them? Rachel, you know how stubborn those Gillas are." 

"But maybe Sonya can help."

"They were forcing her to infiltrate the walls to kill you, telling her they would love her whenever she completed it." Slade argued.

"Maybe. But every parent loves their child. Right?" 

Arella sighed heavily but slowly started to nod, "Alright, we'll go. But you're staying here. I'm calling the nurse to come up and see you."

"Thanks, mom."

"Hopefully everything will work out, Rachel. I really hope there's not going to be a war with this wonderful celebration of your baby's birth." Arella smiled.

Raven smiled, "I hope so too."

*****

Okay, guys. I'm really considering discontinuing this story. I should've just stopped at the first story. I've become so horrible at updating this because I feel like my writing sucks with this story in particular. I just, maybe by the end of next week I might discontinue this story. Just be aware. I might come back to it in the future, but it stresses me out for right now. Sorry...

-CristinaLara99