Chapter 1: Seasons

"You are not my enemy " is a fanfiction based on the Manga and anime Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the end). The plot and characters all belong to the original owner. I just own the OC ( AkiNokorimasu  )  and the heart wrenching scenarios that occur in this fic.

[[If you haven't read or watched Owari no Seraph, this is gonna be confusing as hell, so make sure you've read or watched it first.]]

Chapter 1: Seasons

"Ugh, this hurts too much. Our blood is worth more than just living in an old apartment with next to no food." I mumbled to a girl next to me who was drinking her juice. I cracked my neck, trying to lessen the pain but it only burned in the pit of my throat.

"It's satisfying to be just able to live, don't you think?" The girl next to me said. I glanced at her, uninterested. She had brown hair and looked 12, like me. Her juice box was now empty and she was playing with the straw.

"You are not human if you think like that." I say to her, rolling my eyes and get up. Living in the vampire city was a real challenge for me, having been captured by the vampires at the age of 10, these two years made me aware of how important the little things were. Even when the virus spread, I lived. I like to think that was a miracle and not a side-effect of the virus killing only people 13 and above. So I ran, and I ran so far and wide that I didn't see a vampire for a full 1.5 years. The period between I was 8-10 was golden. I saw everything. But then, things took a turn for the worse.

"I'm Akane Hyakuya by the way." The girl was trailing behind me for some reason. I looked back at her and she was smiling at me. I sighed.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Aki Nokorimasu but that's a very long name so you can just call me Kori, Hyakuya-chan" I said to her. Making friends never hurt anybody, right?

Her smile turned into a wider one and she nodded. She matched her walking pace with me and we just walked until we had to go our own ways. I turned to bid her goodbye but suddenly, she put her arms around me and I froze. It took me a moment to realize she was hugging me. I patted her back awkwardly.

"Kori-chan, you can just call me Akane you know." Akane said as she let go of the hug. I smirked but nodded anyway.

We started going our own ways.

"Until we meet again in our next turn, Kori-chan" Akane called out and waved at me.

"Yeah, until we get our blood sucked again." I mumbled to myself but waved back at her anyway.

I saw her again next week. She was too happy for her own good. This time she had a little kid with her, he was pulling at Akane's uniform and wailing.

"We'll go home to dinner in just a minute, I just have to talk to my friend." Akane told the kid and he looked at me like I just stole his candy. Tsk, I hate babies.

"Kori-chan, hi! I was wondering if you'd like to have dinner with my family today?" Akane asked. Dinner. The sound of that was like music to my ears, but I didn't want to seem rude so I just shrugged.

"Family? Where'd you get a family?" I asked, grinning.

"Everyone at the Hyakuya Orphanage are family,miss" The little boy said to me, clutching at the ends of Akane's uniform. Akane patted his head affectionately.

"Is that so?" I said to him and made a funny face, he laughed and blushed at the same time. A family,huh? No wonder Akane survived this hellhole for 4 years, she had people that loved her.

"So? Are you coming? You can help me prepare the dinner too." Akane said. She tilted her head and looked at me like a puppy, basically, she made the puppy dog face. Who can resist the puppy dog face?

"Awh, what the heck. I'll take you up on that offer." I said and we started for her house. Her family. I wonder what they're like.

Not really.

On the way, the kid started to cry terribly, Akane panicked a little bit because there were vampires nearby so we quickly ducked into a house. Somehow we ended up crawling through the first floor window, onto the dormer. Surprisingly, there was boy lying there.

"Yuu-chan, what are you doing here? Everybody's waiting for you to come to dinner." Akane said to the boy. He sat up and looked at Akane and then at me. He had ruffled jet black hair and really green eyes. Those were crazy, angry green eyes.

"Who's this?" he said and nodded at me. I stood there awkwardly sliding down the dormer but trying not to slip.

"A friend, she's gonna have dinner with us today, I invited her. Where's Mika?" Akane said to him. She sled down the dormer next to him and looked at him with concern.

"Around." Yuu said darkly. Akane seemed to understand something and got up in a flash.

"I'm gonna take Taichi home through the short way since he needs to go to the toilet I think." Akane said and the little boy wiggled in his pants.

"So can you bring Kori-chan around later, I'll get a start on dinner too." She finished. I didn't have time to protest because Taichi let out a long wail and Akane quickly picked him and started sprinting away, waving at us.

"Well, that escalated quickly" I said and sat on the window sill.

"We'll go in just a bit." Yuu said, almost exasperatedly. He laid back down and stared ahead. Weird kid.

"So, Akane's like your girlfriend?" I said after a while, the silence was killing me. He sat upright at my question and turned to glare at me.

"Maybe not." I said and smiled sheepishly. Yuu shook his head and got up.

"We were both in the same orphanage; we live together with the other kids." He said staring right ahead. A cold breeze blew around us, causing me to shiver.

"So that's what she meant by family." I said and wrapped my arms around me.

"Huh, Mika's got everyone saying that." Yuu said really quietly, but I heard it.

"I wonder if it's snowing outside, in our world. It's getting colder." I wondered out loud. Yuu turned to look at me and then smiled for some reason. A warm breath escaped my lips, fogging around.

"What's your name again?" He asked.

" Aki Nokorimasu." I replied quietly.

"That's a really long name." He said, his eyes widening a bit.

"I know." I said and smiled at the ground.

It's definitely snowing outside.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This is my first anime fanfiction, please let me know how I'm doing here because I'm just going how I usually write.

Comment and Vote please.

Mika will come soon, and with a plan.

- lilchitoge