Chapter 2: "Meet me in two nights"

"You are not my enemy " is a fanfiction based on the Manga and anime Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the end). The plot and characters all belong to the original owner. I just own the OC ( AkiNokorimasu  ) and the heart wrenching scenarios that occur in this fic.

[[If you haven't read or watched Owari no Seraph, this is gonna be confusing as hell, so make sure you've read or watched it first.]]

Chapter 2: "Meet me in two nights."

"We're home." Yuu shouted as soon we stepped inside the house. A few little kids scurried over, clinging to Yuu. I hung back and watched.

"Yuu-nee-chaaaaaan, we've been waiting for you."

"Yuu-neeee come on hurry up now"

"Who's this girl Yuu-nee-chan?"

A little girl asked Yuu and he turned to look at me. I think he's noticed I'm not too good with kids.

"Quit huddling around me, everyone. Let's go help Akane-chan make dinner. Oh, and this is Nokori-chan everyone. She'll be eating with us today." Yuu said to the kids and they all looked expectantly at me, I managed a small wave at them.

"Konichiwa.." I said, meekly. Ugh, why are these kids getting to me. Yuu snickered and I shot him a sharp glare.

"Something funny? Yuu-neeee-chan?" I said, stretching out the "nee" like the kids. His expression dropped to an annoyed one. All the kids laughed. Score.

I was standing with my back to the door, so I flew straight ahead when it opened behind me. I comically fell to the ground and Yuu scrambled forwards to help me.

"Oh no, gom-e gom-e, I didn't know you were behind the door." I heard a boy say to me. Yuu looked up and when he saw him, his eyes looked relieved. Just for a second though, then his eyes narrowed to slits.

"Mika, aren't you home early?" Yuu asked sarcastically. Mika was a blonde boy with glimmering blue eyes, they almost reminded me of Akane's, too happy for their own good.

Mika offered me a small smile, as if saying, "please ignore Yuu."

Akane came bustling into the room and greeted the boy called Mika. This family was getting bigger by the second, I wondered how many more of them were there.

"Are you alright? Did you get hurt?" Mika asked, kneeling down next to me. I'll be damned, those baby blues were far too precious for a place like this. I opened my mouth to speak but closed it as Akane helped me get to my feet.

"Thanks." I said to her, tight lipped. Mika was still hovering, one hand out in case I fall again. Weirdo.

"I'm fine; you don't need to do that." I said to him and lightly swatted his hand away.

"Oh that's great. I'm Mikaela Hyakuya by the way, but you can call me Mika." He said, smiling.

"I..uh..Nokori. You can call me that." I said and tried to smile back. Didn't work.

"Can we hurry this along? I'm hungry. Nokori-chan, Mika. Mika, Nokori-chan. She's here to join us for dinner. And if I tell that to one more person, I feel like dinner time will be long gone." Yuu said irritably.

Mika chuckled and I stifled a laugh.

"Hai! Let's have some soup everyone." Akane announced and all the children cheered.

Huh, too happy for this world I swear. I rolled my eyes but still followed everyone to the table.

Dinner was lively with the Hyakuya family. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and I began to understand where the light in their eyes came from. I also noticed how tired Mika was compared to the rest of the family. I had a feeling he wasn't usually this pale. Yuu seemed to notice this too as he kept stealing glances at him, and whenever I caught him, he stuck his tongue out. Real mature.