Chapter 4: "It's fucking snowing."

"You are not my enemy " is a fanfiction based on the Manga and anime Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the end). The plot and characters all belong to the original owner. I just own the OC ( AkiNokorimasu ) and the heart wrenching scenarios that occur in this fic.

[[If you haven't read or watched Owari no Seraph, this is gonna be confusing as hell, so make sure you've read or watched it first.]]

Chapter 4: "It's fucking snowing."

The nipping cold stung my wounds. I was clad in a white and scarce cloth the vampires called livestock uniform, and it was barely able to cover my knees. The scratches on my knees had stopped bleeding as the cold had started to seep in.

My left hand dug into the snow beneath me, I was on all fours again. My legs had given out when I finally came running out of the last tunnel, and I'd been staring at the snow under me for god knows how long. It was real and white. It felt wonderful and dreadful at the same time. My brown hair was hanging all around my face and some were stuck under the backpack I had on my shoulders. The blank canvas all around me suddenly shifted as a freezing wind blew across the forest. Oh right, I was in a forest. That would explain all the trees and bushes that were ruining all the white snow around me.

I still had the gun in my right hand, ready to fire any moment now. I got up slowly, my knees trembling. I blocked out all of my thoughts, Mika's death, Akane's death, the dead children, the bloodshed, my escape, until all I could feel was the blissful cold under my feet as I trekked down the snowy paths of the forest.

Up ahead I could see some people, my mind quickly switched to predator mood and I readied my gun. I was fully aware of how weak my body was. My knees could give out any moment and the cold was stiffening up my muscles. I cracked my neck and marched ahead anyway. There seemed to be three adults in some sort of a uniform, not the one the vampires wore though. And they were talking to...Yuu? This sudden realization made me lose my sense of security and I ran to him, pushing past the strangers. They didn't matter.

"Yuu! Yuuichiro!" I yelled as I ran to him. Yuu was in no better state than I was, his uniform was drenched in blood, but I knew it wasn't his own. The red under his eyes told me he had been crying.

His reaction worried me the most.

"Kori-chan? You're alive?" He said, his eyes were as wide as saucers. He took me by the shoulders and shook me, as if trying to believe I'm real.

"Yes..I don't know what happened but I'm alive.." I said to him, my voice was coarse. Yuu started to cry, a steady stream of tears made its way down his face as he hugged me. I didn't know why he was crying, what did he see? what had he done? The nape of my neck was streaked with his hot tears and I didn't even try to hug him back. What's wrong with me? Yuu's silent, trembling sobs made the stiffness in my muscles melt away and I felt a pain in the back of my throat that indicated I wanted to cry.

"Is she also one of the test subjects?" The man behind me asked the two women that were with him. I suddenly spun around, remembering the gun in my hands, and pointed it at him. How could I forget about the unknown people that were standing just behind me? My carelessness made me want to shoot someone. Maybe I will.

"What are you doing? They are humans, like us!" Yuu said and tried to snatch the gun from me. The man in front of me seemed amused; his comrades, however drew their weapons.

"He's lying Yuu! All the older humans died because of the virus, remember?" I told him. I pushed Yuu behind me but he continued to struggle from behind me. The man kneeled so he could be in level with me, with my gun and smirked at me. I willed myself not to be annoyed at his lingering smirk and loaded the gun in his face.