Chapter 3: My Last Glance

"You are not my enemy " is a fanfiction based on the Manga and anime Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the end). The plot and characters all belong to the original owner. I just own the OC ( Aki Nokorimasu ) and the heart wrenching scenarios that occur in this fic.

[[If you haven't read or watched Owari no Seraph, this is gonna be confusing as hell, so make sure you've read or watched it first.]]

Chapter 3: My Last Glance

I can't do it.

I might've told Mikaela I'd meet him but now I'm not so sure. Escape vampire city? What guarantee do we have that the virus won't affect us 12 year olds since we're so close to the age of 13? What if we encounter a vampire during the escape?

There are so many questions I want to ask the Hyakuya family but I haven't seen them since I had dinner with them a day ago. Today is supposed to be our last day in vampire city, and I'm still not sure whether I'm through with this plan.

It was almost 6 in the evening when I decided to go take a walk. I needed to clear my mind before I went to tell Akane about all this. I'm sure she knows and she'll be able to answer my questions. I walked to the bridge that overlooked the entire vampire city. If I crossed that bridge, I'd be in the territory of the nobles. It made me shudder just thinking about those big, stone-faced and privileged blood suckers. Monsters.

A cold wind blew through my hair and I wondered again,

Is it snowing in our world? Is it snowing outside?

"It's a nice view, isn't it?"

Mika was coming from the other side of the bridge, strolling towards me. I narrowed my eyes.

"What were you doing in the territory of the nobles?" I asked him, ignoring his question.

"Just taking care of things. What are you doing here?" Mika talked very calmly. He looked really calm too, as if he was satisfied for once and for all. He also looked a bit better, his blond hair dancing in the cool breeze and his eyes were content.

"I actually came for a walk, but now that you're here I need to talk to you." I told him. He nodded and I continued.

"There are dozens of vampires out at night, even if the map you have takes us through tunnels it's still not safe. There are 5 year olds with us, Mika-kun, this is not a foolproof plan." I finished, out of breath.

Mika smiled, which I thought was very odd by the way. Where does this guy get the idea that our situation is funny?

"You don't trust me." He stated. I avoided his gaze for a moment.

"You said you'd stop." I said, quietly. "But you didn't. I don't know what to think of you anymore. Are you just using your family to get out? Are you going to give me up to the vampires in exchange for that freedom? I'll never know. I don't know you, Mikaela."

Mika's hand shot to his collar, trying to hide the recent wound in his neck. His eyes were disoriented for a moment, like I'd caught him. That just made me doubt him more. Who is he? He's just a 12 year old like me. And I don't always make the best decisions.

"I'm not what you think I am Kori-chan, I'll let you prove me wrong." Mika said, taking a step forward. But I had already made my mind not to go. No matter how much I wanted to be free of this hell-hole, I can't just act on a whim and make a foolish mistake.

"I'm not going Mika. Tell Akane-chan and Yuu-kun I'm sorry." I told him, determination clear on my face. Mika's disappointed face did not faze me and I turned to walk back to my house. My rubble.