Breaking The Balance - Revelations, Explanations and Fear

Written in the 3rd Person

Jordan awoke in a room that wasn't his own. He wasn't in the spectre dimension anymore, neither was he in his fortress – the calming sound of the wind whistling outside no longer there to calm his frayed nerves. His head pounded, the edges of his vision slightly blurry and drained of all colour. The shadows on the wall seemed to leap out at him like the monsters that prowled the wilderness at night, deadly and unforgiving. He scrambled backwards, his back hitting the wall behind him as he struggled to understand his surroundings – eyes rolling in the back of his head like a frightened deer.

His vision cleared after a while, the leaping shadows forming into people he recognised – Tom, Sonja, Tucker, Wag, Martha and Ianite all leaning forwards with concern written across their faces. Jordan's face was an ashen white, the veins on his neck throbbing visibly with every panicked heartbeat – his breathing the only auditory sound in the room. Jordan's brow furrowed as he took in the scene, unclenching his fists and straightening out his position until he was sitting cross-legged on the bed – a much calmer picture than what had been occurring a minute ago.

Martha stepped forward first, hands in front of her to show that she meant no harm and kindness written in her violet eyes. She glanced back at the others with a knowing look before turning back to Jordan and talking in a calm, measured voice.

"Jordan, we are all very worried about you. We know you went through a horrible experience and we are here to help you through this rough time but it's been nearly 3 months now and you haven't said a single word! All you've done is devote your time to Ianita, which is wonderful to do as her father but you are eating yourself up from the inside. Your collapse last night in the spectre dimension was the last straw, Dianite told us what he saw and now you need to talk to us. There's no getting out of this, you have to at least tell us something – one bit at a time until we know the truth and we can try to help you."

Jordan sat, stunned on the bed as he listened to Martha talk. The sudden concern from people who knew nothing about his past and the ongoing friendship despite the hellish circumstances that he'd put them through continued to astound him. If Jordan's sanity was intact and he wasn't just imagining the memories scattered across his mind, there had been some dark times and Jordan had taken away a life that Tom, Sonja and Tucker may have wanted to live. He had eradicated evil from the land he came from but part of him knew that they had been followed here... Why else would that mysterious girl be here?

Ianite leant forward, her face paler than usual and her eyes filled with exhaustion and worry – large bags under her usually glowing purple eyes and her robes seeming to hang more loosely off of her body than usual. She stared at Jordan with a knowledgeable look that sent a spark of fear down Jordan's spine, if he lied to the group she would be able to tell and that would never end well. Her normally kind voice was layered with tension and fear as she spoke, making her point clear to Jordan no matter how much he tried to avoid it.

"If you don't tell them, I will Jordan. I saw visions of what happened to you and Andor, as much as I couldn't see what was happening within your mind – I could still tell that there were past demons haunting you. When you arrived back at the mainland, your mind was wide open, anyone with an inkling of a telepathic ability was able to reach into your mind and see the darkness within. I saw your memories Jordan, both of the old worlds and of the darkness you faced there. They aren't fake, you aren't going mad. You just need to tell us."

She would tell them if he didn't. That much was clear to Jordan as his mind was torn between two options. He could attempt to tell them about it – potentially triggering another breakdown that could result in all sorts of problems. Or he could find some way to lie to them without Ianite knowing that he was lying. Jordan needed answers just as much as Andor needed to find himself. He had to put the events back into order as they happened before he lost them forever.