5 | Whispering Voices

"Don't you just miss this?" the silhouette whispered seductively in her ear, tightening its grasp on her shoulder

"Don't you just miss this?" the silhouette whispered seductively in her ear, tightening its grasp on her shoulder. "Isn't this what you've always desired?"

"Shut up!" (y/n) whisper-shouted, attracting the attention of the ghouls that were closest to her.

Of course, they couldn't perceive the thing that was behind her; it was nothing but a shadow of her own self.

The dark her, the blackened her, the her she tried to keep hidden.

Dampening her soul, twisting it, and making it almost unrecognisable, even to the very person it belonged to.

It was the part of her that used to exist, before everything that had occurred all those years ago; it haunted her, and never allowed her to forget.

And it was mostly present when she came in contact with blood, meat and the very things she used to love to tear apart.

Why couldn't it just let her be? She wasn't the same as back then, despite the part of her that wanted to return to what she used to be.

It was a contradiction that even she was aware of.

Her mind was in turmoil, and it was something she was constantly trying to control, even if she did a bad job of it.

And now here she was behind the stage, watching on as Uta dragged out auction item, after auction item.

Humiliating them, ridiculing them, making them scream in pain. Weeping out drop after drop of water from their startled eyes.

"I know a part of you enjoys this, why don't you join in?" The dark her shoved her forwards, causing her to stumble on the stage and then it went inside of (y/n).

Uta tilted his head at her, grinning under his mask, as he saw (y/n)'s changed appearance.

Her eyes were soulless black, the pupils a deep red, and even her hair seemed wild.

This was going to be fun...