6 | Bloody Red

Murmurings of the hundreds of ghouls spread around the cramped auditorium

Murmurings of the hundreds of ghouls spread around the cramped auditorium. Most of the ghouls present recognised the female who had just stumbled onto the stage, interrupting the auction, and the octaves of excitement soared even higher. They would know them evilly smiling, red eyes anywhere.

Back in the day, (y/n) had quite the reputation. Slaughtering humans here and there, leaving behind bodies that were strewn every which way; they were left as a sign, one that meant (y/n) had been there. Or as she was more known...

Bloody Red.

And where there was a (y/n), there was an Uta: they were seen as a pair, truly inseparable.

Until news had spread of the once formidable female ghoul's disappearance, and that her male companion had opened a mask shop, like their friendship had meant nothing.

Of course, this wasn't the case, Uta had never forgotten her, and was simply waiting for her return. And that was something she did, no matter how broken or hurt she became each time she saw him.

In the present, Uta was standing below the lavish velvet curtains that adorned the stage and was gazing at (y/n). At that moment, he was mesmerised by her. A grin slowly spread across his face, as he remembered her once bloody appearance and the sexiness of it all; only a twisted ghoul like him would think of it in that way.

And he was very twisted indeed.

(y/n) smiled slightly and sauntered her way over to the masked ghoul in front of her. She lifted the mask up just a tad, so no one could see his face, and slid her finger down his cheek - drawing a little blood with her nail as she did so.

Uta shuddered with pleasure.

"I've missed this," she said lowly, and Uta just barely caught what she had said.

He smirked at her in reply.

(y/n) placed her finger between her lips and tasted the blood that was on it. "Mmm." Her eyes glowed redder even still. "So what do we have here, hmm?" (y/n) wildly spun on her heel and snatched the chain from Uta's hand, pulling the specimen closer to her. The collar that adorned the human's neck was pulled tighter, and it caused him to choke.

(y/n) ignored this and hungrily looked down at the male in front of her. He looked tasty... Very, very tasty. The female ghoul just wanted one little taste. She was hungry and this meal in front of her looked satiable. It had been so long since she had a proper feast. A part of her, a huge part, was always working to restrain the murderous tendencies she always used to exhibit.

Now though, her dark side had taken over, and she was unstoppable.

She stood up and dragged the male along with her, his knees scraped painfully along the floor; beads of blood started to surface on his skin, igniting the hunger of the ghouls present. None of them dared to make a move, even more so when Bloody Red was present.

Coming to a stop before Uta, she pouted and gave him her best puppy dog look. "Darling, can I have this one? He'd make the cutest pet." (y/n) bared her teeth under the mask which of course went unnoticed to everyone present, but the aura she let off couldn't be ignored.

Uta pulled her close to him by her waist and said beside her ear, "anything for you, my little ghoul."

"Yay." (y/n) pulled up her mask, not caring if people recognised her - though she was unaware that they had uncovered her identity long ago. No one would forget who she is or what she used to be.

With her sharpened teeth exposed, (y/n) bent down and bit into the male's neck, who emitted shrieks of agony. They were ones that fell onto deaf ears.

(y/n) began tearing away at its flesh, blood spurting in all directions, coating the beautiful ghoul. Once she was done, not even a morsel was left.

(y/n) wiped the blood from her mouth. She disregarded the fact that she was covered head to toe in blood and turned towards the cages visible at the side of the stage. The ones that filled with tasty snacks for her to enjoy.

However, before she could even take a single step, she was once again pulled by the waist, and her back met the firm chest of Uta. His warmth enveloped her, yet it wasn't enough to sate the hunger she still felt. Struggling, she tried escaping the male ghoul that held a tight hold on her, and he was refusing to let go.

"It's futile (y/n)," Uta breathed into her ear. "You've had your fun and now it's time to sleep."

(y/n) gave up on her attempts of escaping, and she relaxed in his arms.

Uta lifted her up and carried her to the sofa that was behind the stage. Gently, he laid her down upon it and then draped his jacket over her.

Before returning to the stage, he pecked her hair.

As she slowly drifted off to sleep, a pained smile graced her blood-smeared face.