15 | Heated Kiss

With their hearts alight and their chests burning, they stared at each other

With their hearts alight and their chests burning, they stared at each other. At that moment, all thoughts of her father, of what happened in the past, and everything that had transpired afterwards, were swept away in their minds.

All they wanted was each other.

Sure, things could never be forgiven, and of course, there was still all that history between them. However, right now, that didn't matter. It had been so long. So long since these feelings had become so overwhelming, so overbearing, and on the verge of overflowing.

(y/n)'s eyes glowed red in the little light there was and matched Uta's own ones. Ignoring the pain that still wracked her body, she took a tentative step towards the male before her. She reached up and placed her arms around his neck, his hands followed suit. They grazed her hips as his arms wound around her back.

Their lips eagerly met, and they melded together.

(y/n) could continue to deny the attraction and pull she had towards the male ghoul, but that would be lying. It had constantly been there, since way back in the day. The days of them massacring through the human villages and not leaving even a single bone in sight.

During those times, they shared more than just food and the thrill that went with the kill; they shared much, much more. And that was something that she could never forget.

He was hers and she was his.

Everything... Everything was different... Yet, it was the same.

What had changed, nevertheless, was (y/n)'s mental state and her slow descent into self-pity.

The past was forgotten. Perhaps it would stay that way, or when they finally came up for air, it would all come crashing down on them once again. However, right now, they desired nothing more than to savour the person before them.

(y/n)'s heartbeat quickened in her chest; it might've been due to being so up close and personal with Uta. It could've also been the fact that she heard all too familiar steps, coming towards the room they were in.

She pulled away from Uta and her hands tightened on his shirt, causing her knuckles to whiten. He looked down at her questioningly and then slowly turned to the door, keeping one arm protectively around her waist.

The door opened, revealing a lone man. "Hello, my dear (y/n), have you missed me?"

(y/n)'s chest throbbed, and her eyes glowed a deeper red, as she gazed at the man she believed she would never behold again.