12 | Torn

Flames flickered from their holsters and cast their sinister shadows along the walls

Flames flickered from their holsters and cast their sinister shadows along the walls. An ominous dripping echoed around the room, causing one to shiver.

In a lone throne-like chair, that looked as though it was made from human bones, sat a panting girl. Blood seeped from a cut on her forehead, soaking the dirty blindfold that blocked out her vision. Similarly, a saliva-soaked cloth bound her mouth and cut off all speech. Her hair was matted and unkempt. And tracks of blood and sweat left traces as they trickled down her face.

Her clothes were torn and ratty, barely keeping her modesty. Racked with shivers, the chilly air was nothing compared to the ice that coated her soul.

A door opened somewhere to the left of where she was held captive, and the sound made her flinch. Quaking, she tried to stop her heart from jumping out of her chest. The sounds of footsteps got closer.

Her mind drifted away, and she imagined something happy, rather than what was happening in the room right now. She imagined Uta coming to save her, and taking her away from this place.

A girl could dream, huh? He had no reason to come save her. Even if she knew that, it didn't put off the small sliver of hope she had.

Then, she felt a sharp sting, like a needle-prick, as something cold was pressed against her flushed cheek. "Are you ready to talk now?" sneered an unknown voice. "I don't really want to mess up such a pretty face, but this is the boss' orders."

At the mention of their boss, only one face came forth in her mind, and she began to tremble further. She shook her head and almost cried out when the knife pierced her cheek.

The owner of the voice tapped the knife against her face as he hummed, "if you just agreed you wouldn't have to be in so much pain. Stop being so stubborn, your father only wants his little girl back. What's so wrong with that?"

Ha. She almost laughed out loud. Her father only wanted her, not for herself, but for the ghoul within her; the ghoul she once was.

Every day, she would be constantly told that she had so much potential. And she was relentlessly trained under her father's gaze and his subordinates.

Eventually, she had enough and ran away to her mother's home. But he had found her and got rid of all obstacles - the obstacles being her mother and siblings. And to hurt her even further, he had used Uta - her beloved Uta - to do the killings.

And oh did it hurt. To where it felt like she was being torn apart day after day. Her heart bled: for her family, her life that she could've had, and for her Uta. The one guy that she thought got her, and what she was about. Plus, he had a tight grasp on her heart and everything else that went along with it.

He still did, in fact.

A sigh escaped her lips: well as best a sigh as she could muster with her lips still bound. She attempted speaking but nothing could escape.

The guy snickered and slashed away the cloth with his knife, cutting her mouth in the process. Fresh blood filled her mouth, and she coughed as she swallowed more than she would have liked.

Spitting the remnants into her capturer's face, she growled, "I will never submit to him! I will never return to my so-called father. I am no longer his to control."

The male's face grew dark, and (y/n) really cried out this time when she was stabbed in the side. Of course, she wouldn't die from something like this, but that didn't mean the pain wasn't there.

Still, her tears wouldn't fall. She wouldn't let them fall. She could scream, she could curse, she could bleed as much as they wanted her to bleed, but she wouldn't give these guys the satisfaction of seeing her tears.

"We'll grant you some more time to reconsider." The guy stood up straight and then began to exit the room. He motioned to the guards and smirked. "Take adequate care of her."

(Y/n)'s heart quickened at the sound of multiple people approaching.

Uta, please save me...