16 | Daddy Not So Dearest

"F-father

"F-father..." She stuttered, as the man she feared the most entered the room.

"It's been a while darling, Daddy's missed you." He unfolded his arms in an expectant manner and feigned rejection when his daughter didn't jump into his arms. He wasn't surprised by said rejection though: he was more than aware of her hatred towards him.

Her hatred only spurred him on. He needed her to be stronger, to be the best of all the ghouls, and he would stop at nothing to make her unlock her unlimited potential. Whatever it costs. Whatever it takes.

What she thought didn't matter. All she had to do was go along with what he told her to do and nothing else.

What he didn't bargain on was that someone would be there to help her when things got a little too much. To be there when she falls. He didn't know that this person would also be the one who almost destroys her, and then pieces it all back together again.

He made her whole. Uta was everything.

So that would sting even more when Uta took her hand that clung to his shirt, and he flung her towards the man she never wanted to be stuck with again. Before that he sent her a meaningful look, one he believed would compel her to comprehend what he was doing. Why it seemed like he was betraying her.

(y/n)'s father seized her and smiled, in what he considered was his victory. "Welcome home darling ~."

Her heart, which had been repaired just moments before, cracked once again as she pleaded silently with her eyes at Uta. He ignored her cries for help, and her father hauled her out of the room.

 He ignored her cries for help, and her father hauled her out of the room