Chapter 8

I lay on my back while on the bed. Random memories replayed in my mind. Memories of mother daddy and I . laughter came from my mouth as dad  pushed me back and forth on the swing.

"You're having fun",mom stated as she lift me up and twirled with me in her arms.
"I love you mommy",I said and she laughed then gave me a big kiss on the right cheek.

She put me down and I ran for the ball.
"Slow down kid"my dad said as I swiftly took the ball out of his hands and I ran around with it while looking back at him stopping to catch his breath.

I ran to mom who picked me up and kissed my forehead.
"Mommy put me down",I begged when I saw dad racing over to where mom and I were.

After that we went to this fast food restaurant and we laughed and had fun.

               ***

I paid the taxi driver then walked up the hospital walkway.

"Branson Gonzalez room",I said to the lady at the desk.
"I can't tell you the room until I have prove you know the young man",the middle age lady stated as I tap my fingers on the table.

"What kind of proof ?"
"Well if we get a call from the young man or someone close to him that you're friend"
"That's all",I said and she nodded.

I leaned on the table and called Branson. I told him what the lady said and he instructed me to give the phone to her. After some minutes she gave me the phone and then told me to go to room 101 which was on the 2nd floor.
A male nurse showed me the way to his room.

"Zamoia you're here",he said smiling and I hugged him.

He lie on the bed with cast coming from his neck to his feet.

"Your in a awful state",I said and he frowned. "I'm sorry if that hurt I'm just-"

"It's okay Zamoia it's okay. I frowned because I can't go out with you",he said and I was surprised.

"I personally think after you're out here,there is stil a chance for you",I smiled and he did the same.

"Promise"

"Promise",I said holding up my pinky. "Pinky promise".

"I'm happy you're alive"
"Aren't we all" he smiled and I nodded while looking at the cast on his arms and legs.

"So you're going to be in the cast for a long time",I said.
"Sadly but it's not gonna be forever"
"Where's your family?"I asked
"Mom at the food court been by my side since the accident. I don't know what I  would do without her. My father is actually on an important business trip. I guess money is important than me",he stated bitterly.

"Money is important",I Said and he looks at me like he didn't expect me to say that.
"So you think it's okay for my dad to not be here while I'm in this state",he hissed while coughing. I think I might upset him.

"Not at all I'm just saying that he got to work to get the money. Which you and your mom need "
"Zamoia,if you don't have anything sensible to say don't talk at all. You're making yourself seem dumb and I know you're not",he said and I put my hands across my heart. I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not. He did in fact doesn't think I'm dumb. Those words did hurt. He is so cold.

"Well",I said
"Yup stop acting like a fool. I like smart girls",he smirked or what ever he was doing with his mouth.

"Everyone has a dumb side"
"I agree  but you shouldn't use it often. Only when it's important"

"You've been standing for a while. Why don't you sit",he offered and I sat on a plastic chair.

"Your mom been at that place for a while"
"Eh,she probably trying to find food that are healthy and I mean very healthy",he said.
"She loves you and want the best for you"
"I know,is your mother like this?"he asked.

I hate when talking to someone and they brought up the mother conversation. Then I have to tell them my mother died and instead of just leaving it at that they decided to ask how she die?and they will always be like "I'm so sorry to hear. Do you miss her?"do they actually expect me to answer although I eventually does and try to not get angry on that person. Telling myself that the person cares about my situation.

"She died,but when she was alive she was like that",
He looks at me with pity in his eyes. Not the first time people look at me like that and surely not going to be the last.

"It's so unfortunate"he said.
"I wish I could actually hug you right now".
I smile, "I'm okay ".
"It must be hard to not have the woman who birth you. Who loves and care for you. Talk to you about girl stuff. Gosh you have it hard",before he even finish I was in tears. I personally think he shouldn't have said such a thing. It brought back memories of mommy and now that she's gone I missed her and to know that she won't be able to see me go to prom is heartbreaking.

"Sorry I made you cry",he said apologetically. "I just got carried away and it's Okay if you want to be mad at me cause I wouldn't want someone to say those things to be if I was in your situation",he said and turn his head from my direction.

I dried the tears,"Okay".
Then there was silence.

"Well hello",said a lady who I assume his Branson mom. In her hands was a tray with food on it.
I immediately stood up and look nervously at the lady.
"Oh I'm,Zamoia",I said and the lady look on me then on Branson.

"So Branson who's she?"she asked while placing the tray on the table. She put her hands on hips and I could see her diamond ring looking beautiful on her long bony finger. Branson daddy must be one big rich guy to afford that ring.

"My friend",he said and she raised a brow. I could see the resembles between the two. They had the same bright big eyes that could light up a room. They had the same heartwarming smile.

"Really now"she said walking around me and looking me up and down.
"Mom,why you always embarrassing me?"
His mother gasp,"I'm only admiring her beauty".
"That sounds so gay",he said taking the words right out of my mouth.

"Bran,I'm happily married to a handsome guy. He stick his man part into my woman part,all the time we he's home as  result you were born",she stated.
At least I know one thing about her and that's how blunt she can be.

"Come on eat",she inserted a spoon in his mouth.

"What's this?"he asked while showing an expression that he doesn't like the taste.

"It's good for you so eat up",she said putting some of the food on the spoon.

"It tastes disgusting",he whined.
"Branson,shut up!and listen to your mommy",she said and he ate the food. Somebody is a moma's boy.

"So I should be going now",I said.
"Yea okay bye",his mother said as if I was talking to her.
"Okay",I said and she looked at me angrily.
"Little girl I don't like that word".
"Okay",I said staring at her.
"Zamoia please me respectful towards my mom",he said and I gave him the are you serious look.

I'm not it the wrong cause all I said was okay and she getting upset. I ain't here for you. So sit your old ass down.

I wave good bye and the lady kiss her teeth,rude much.
I opened the door to exit he called my name.

"Zamoia I'll call you. Please don't be upset. I don't want you to be mad at me",he said and his mother cleared her throat.
"Whatever",I said and slammed the door after exiting.
Now he'll know how I'm feeling.

A/N

I'm back!anyway so exams are finally over. So yeah hope this chapter was a success.

N
U
F
F

L
O
V
E

Vote

Share

&

Comment