19B

I phoned my father and told him about my situation. He didn't necessarily care. I realized that when I talked to him on the phone.

Monica followed me to detention and she laughed as I entered. I gave the teacher the slip.

"Not doing homework,I see",she said after reading the paper.

I didn't bother to explain that I left it. Probably because she wouldn't believe me anyway.

The room was partially full with students. Most of them had a don't care look on their faces while others looked confused.

I on the other hand was neither. I wanted to get the hell out of here. The teacher handed us three sheet of papers and instructed us to full the pages with the words, "I must always follow the school rules".

"Oh detention ends at 5",she smiled then sat around her desk munching on a snack.

"Can I borrow a pencil or something?"asked a girl.

"Okay",I said searching my bag for a pencil.

I handed it to her,"I'm going to need that when detention is over".

She nodded and took the pencil.
She didn't even say thank you. The nerve of some people.

"If anyone finish the papers before five,you may leave",said teacher.

I looked at the two blank paper and sighed with frustration. I got a long way to go.

I was the fourth person to leave the room.I took out my phone and dialled dad's number,after three rings he eventually picked up and told me he couldn't make it until 7pm. There's no way I'm staying at school  that late.  I guess it was the bus then. Plus th time was 4:15 anyway.

I speedily walked to the bus stop and started to run when a bus came.

I breathe heavily as I entered the bus. I paid the bus driver and took a seat next to a pregnant lady. She smiled at me and I did the same.

The time was now 4:30 pm. I got a text from Monica which reads

Detention over yet?

No

Okay then text me when it's over

Please tell me you're joking. How would I be able to text if I was  still in detention

Yeah I was joking. I'm not that fool. So you at home

Nope am on 44b

Wait 44B?I'm pretty sure that bus doesn't go where you live

I panicked,maybe she was joking.

"Hello miss",I tapped her shoulder and she looked at me.
"Do you know if this bus pass Rolfs close?

"Ummm no it doesn't the 42does no",she answered.

"Thanks for the help",I said.

Zamioa?

Yup you're right. I'm on the wrong bus. I should have looked at the number. Ugh!!!

Yeah,but you have to get off.

And go where exactly. I don't even know where I'm

To the nearest bus stop and wait for the 32. Do you see any familiar buildings?

I looked outside.

Nah everything looks new. Wait did you say 32?because someone told me 42 goes by way.