nineteen

[ a/n: unedited ]

josh didn't even bother knocking on tyler's apartment door. he just rushed in. tyler- his baby boy- is hurting in some way. josh wanted to fix him.

"tyler!" josh calls throughtout the apartment. he starts to hear quiet sobs and he follows the sounds.

josh enters a bathroom and sees tyler, who's huddling in the corner with his knees to his chest and he was crying.

"tyler," josh whispers. tyler lifts his head up and josh rushes to sit next to him, wrapping his arms around the fragile boy. "babe, what's wrong?"

"i-i," tyler stutters. "i don't know. i j-just feel like i'm not good enough and e-everyone hates m-me."

josh could feel his heart shatter. "ty," he says. "look at me." tyler picks his head up and looks at josh.

"you're perfect, okay? i don't know what or who made you think that but trust me, you're amazing. i love you. and i hate seeing you like this. you make any day of mine so much better and just holding you in my arms now is amazing for me, even though you're crying. i need you to stop crying, okay? please, for me?"

the fragile boy nods his head weakly. and the two boys sit in the middle of tyler's bathroom, enjoying each other presence. no words, just comfortable silence.

"ty?" josh mutters and tyler hums in response. "so, uh, this wasn't how i planned to ask but, um, i would love it if i could call you mine and i was wonder-"

tyler knew where josh was going with this. "yes, josh," he says, smiling widely.

"wait, really?" josh smiles just as big and the other boy nods. "oh my god."

and they just hug each other for a long, long time.