Chapter Forty-Five

Hey everyone! Thank you for waiting for me and this chapter. My eternal thanks go out to you all. ♥ First, here is a summary of the characters and what happened recently. I know many of you may have forgotten in my absence. If you don't want to reread the chapters, this might be a good start. I won't include every detail in the summary, so beware. Shout out to sassoo for reminding me to make this. If you don't need this summary, go ahead and skip to the chapter.

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS: Title + Info | Personality | Appearance

Lannie Brackenbury: Our snarky main character. Harbinger of Water. Elemental: Eden. | Has ashen blonde hair and ice blue eyes.

Titus De Luca: Crown Prince of Aria. Son of Astera and Gavin. Half sylph. | Charming with a tendency to worry too much. | Has dark brown hair and amber eyes. | Has many fangirls.

Clarice Faretra: Daughter of Duchess Odelia Faretra. | Fiery and somewhat childish. | Has brilliant red hair and stormy grey eyes.

Hadrian Nilan: Harbinger of Air. Elemental: Zephyr. | Blunt and frustrating with a strong sense of duty to his caravan. | Has dark hair, bronze skin, and green-flecked eyes.

Synnove: Harbinger of Fire. Former dancer/assassin/thief. Banshee. Elemental: Shula. | Callous, focused, and bent on avenging her mother, who was killed by the Barghest. | Has long black hair and dark eyes; tattoos cover her body.

Rowan: Harbinger of Earth. Protects Eremith. Elemental: ? [A surprise, my lovelies] . | Insane; when not insane, very sweet and apologetic. | Has fair skin, curly brown hair, and violet-tinged blue eyes; he also has pointed ears and runes all over his body. | Has growing base of fangirls.

Mayra: Sylph Princess of Eremith and Astera's sister. | Ruthless and somewhat insane; may have anger issues; may have issues with showing affection. | Has dark brown hair and amber eyes like her relatives, but her features are sharper.

Astera: Sylph Queen of Eremith and Titus's mother. | Peacemaker, focused, and somewhat stingy. | Has long wavy brown hair, soft features, and amber eyes.

Gavin De Luca: King of Aria and Titus's father. | Intimidating and strict, yet gentle. | Has brown hair, cobalt blue eyes, and sharp features; has scruffy beard.

Abelard Faretra: King of Nor and adopted father of Lucan. | Pretended to be insane; actually fatherly. | Has grizzled grey beard and brown eyes.

Lucan Faretra: Crown Prince of Nor and adopted son of Abelard. | Sweet and tends to be overly happy. | Has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Barel: Little orphan boy from Hadrian's caravan. Last survivor of caravan. | Sweet and boyish. | Dark hair and eyes.

Chileos: Wise and old pegasus of the council that always gives Lannie advice.

Dhiren: Leader of the centaurs

Therin: Exiled Drakain that has raised a war against Eremith. Wants to rid Etheia of mankind and free magical creatures from slavery. | Crazed, bent on vengeance and freedom for his kind. | A Drakain is a half-serpent, half-human creature. He has green eyes, a metallic tail, and a human upper torso covered in scars.

SUMMARY:

A war has started. Therin's army invaded the land of the giants, and Gavin's force (that included Titus) was sent to do a counterattack and meet them in the Ashen Meadow. Lannie knew she had to destroy the Barghest, so—from the urging of pegasus Chileos in Chapter 43—Lannie moves through the underground tunnels to exit Eremith. She is interrupted by a banshee's scream, where she envisions three horrible things involving Astera, Hadrian, and Titus. Lannie exits the tunnels to the Sidhe domain and collides into Synnove, who went after the Barghest herself and got caught by it. They are pursued by the Barghest until it cuts them off near the musical tunnel by the Ashen Meadow. Synnove is revealed to be a banshee (all in Chapter 43).