Chapter 3 - Dear school

"I thought you said you didn't know him," Sam questioned a bit impatient.

"I don't," I lied terrible. I could even feel my own head flush up.

"Elliebear. You know you can tell me," he lightly patted my back, like if I was a baby.

"Okay. Would you like to hear the short or the long version?"

"I'll hear the long later. Let me hear the short first," his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

"He was my long time crush in middle school. I know, it was stupid, and..." the words flew quicker than the light.

"Wow. Slow down. Take a deep breath," he was all zen about it.

"He was cruel, evil, rude and arrogant against me. But that was only the two last years. The first two years, he was sweet, caring and one of my best friend. He would always back me up, and if I tripped or hurt myself, he would always be the first to help me up again."

A little sniff came out.

"What happened then?" Sam asked interested.

"He...he told me, or texted me, he didn't cared about me anymore and didn't liked me anymore. He said that we were too different. Then, we agreed to just be friends, but it didn't happened. He kept ignoring for a couple of months, and then it became February, were he began talking to me, but all he said was only cruel insults. So I decided to stay away from him, but it didn't worked. He always seemed to be everywhere. Maybe due to the fact he's my neighbor," I laughed quite loud.

Sam already had the popcorns ready and stuffed them one after one into his mouth.

"Go on," he chew noisily.

"Like I said, he insulted me, always made me feel small in front of the teacher and my classmates, once; he threw all my books on the floor from my hands, then laughed and walked away. He even said that I only cared about school, and not my family. Just because I have straight A's didn't meant I didn't cared about my family. But there was one time, where he crossed the line."

Our teacher yelled to get the students attention.

"Today's lesson will be about...love." Mrs. Clear swooned.

Kitty and Missy kept sending sweet smiles to Aiden, who was ignoring them completely. He was only staring at one person. Me.

"I'll tell you later," I whispered to Sam, who was pouring like a cute, little puppy. Those eyes, man.

"But you left me on a cliffhanger," he whined.

"I know. I don't want to be sent to the Headmaster's office the first school day," I laughed.

Sam flipped his dirty blond hair and held my hand under the disk. I could feel a pair of eyes, shooting daggers at me.

"I want you to discuss with a partner what love is," Mrs. Clear demanded. Now, the sweet, nice lady was gone.

"Okay. What is love?" I asked Sam, before Mrs. Clear could set me up with someone else.

"Who said I would be your partner?" he asked.

I sat still for a moment.

"You don't?" I asked hurt.

"Of course I do. I was just kidding," he laughed it off.

"Oh. You'll have to pay for that," my inner revenge girl took over.

"Right. Like if little Ellie ever would take revenge. You can't even say a comeback without stammering."

"Hey. It's not my fault my brain shut's dead every time somebody says something provocative to me."

"Elizabeth," the voice called again. Dammit. Sorry for my language.

"Yes," I questioned without looking at him.

"Be my partner." I couldn't even hear, if that was a question or he just demanded it. And was he stupid or what? Couldn't he see I was with Sam?

"I'm with Sam. Sorry. Maybe another time," I half-lied.

Mrs. Clear absolutely had to ruin it again.

"I think it's a good idea. Since love is a tough subject, I would recommend to talk about it with someone you're comfortable with. And I assume, you're very good friends with Miss Ellie?"

A part of me wanted to scream:

"I'm never going to be together with that douchebag. Let him be alone or with Kitty and Missy. They looked at him like if he was a piece of cake."

Another part of me just kept quiet and sulked.

"Of course. We where very good friends back to middle school," he lied right into the teacher's face.

"Then there's no problem," Mrs. Clear walked away.

"But...but..." I finally protested.

"Yes? Is there a problem?" she raised an eyebrow, giving me the "I can give you a bad grade," look.

"What about Sam?" I babbled out.

"I'm sure the young Mr. can be together with someone else."

Sam gave me a sad look, before collecting his stuff and walked over to one of the jocks.

I sighed. It was going to be a very long lesson.

A/N: Thank you so much for all the support. Can't believe I'm already up on 200 reads :)

What do you think this chapter? Leave a comment, a vote and give this story a shout out to friends or other wattpadders :) And again, thank you